Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my bilstein shocks ,and was wondering in the future when I get a tubular k member , I will need coil overs , will these just fit on the bilstein shocks and make them coil overs ?

UPR Mustang Front Coil Over Kit with 14" Springs, 175Lb Rate (79-04) UPR-200614175 - LatemodelRestoration.com

Or instead of going coil over with the tubular k member I can get these

AJE Racing Tubular A-Arms - For Factory Springs MU-5001 (94-04 All) - Free Shipping MU-5001

so I can keep the stock springs but it doesn't seem to make much sense doing this , im I wrong ?and it looks like they just fit AJE k member ...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cant speak for those kits but Maximum Motorsports recommended Bilstein's when I went coil over. They for sure have the kit that fits Bilsteins and it is a quality quiet kit.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing about the UPR kit. I know the MM kit will fit like bossman said.

Hopefully others chime in with some info!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im guessing these Mustang Coil-Over Kit, Front, Bilstein and MM Struts, 1979-04

But I dont see any springs ? I have to buy them individualy im guessing ? Im guessing the softer the spring (135,175lbs) the better ride quality ?and the length matter too I guess ? Longer = more comfortable but will any length fit these ?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I believe MM sells a kit that comes with springs as well. Your best bet would be to contact them about your spring rate and length. They are very knowledgable and will put you on the right track.

EDIT: This is the kit I was referring to.

Mustang Coil-Over Kit with Springs, Front, Bilstein Struts

Reactions: BOSSMAN2888

·
Registered
348 Posts
What Brendan said and they are open to listen to your driving style, intention with the car, and ride you want and make a recommendation. They offer Hypercoil springs. I have the 12 in 250lb and very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have a brand new UPR kit that I can sell. Recently, I had the new springs powder coated to somewhat match the UPR Blue color. PM if interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts