Modded Mustang Forums banner

Biting the Bullitt

1K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  clodingos97 
#1 ·
well I decided to buy Hitech Stage 2 cams. For 400 brand new! I know I wanted suspension but these were to good to pass!

#2 ·
Nice man. Where did you get them for $400? Im going with HiTech 2s pretty soon aswell. Let me know how they are.

#4 ·
make shure to degree them (we've had three set's come thru with the cams having diffrent LSA's from one another & had PTV problem's) & use new spring's.

#7 ·
idk I have always seen and heard good things about them. I'll get springs yes. Well if I decide not to I'll try and sell for like 475 and try to make some money.

#8 ·
i put down 231 when the convertor locked up and 236 when it took a little longer. I hope with these cams I could get a pretty decent gain.

#10 ·
Sounds good, each to their own we all like different things. Butttt from what I used to read based off your post you want to build a FI monster in the future. How good are these cams going to do you in that sort of situation? Not very good...theyre not designed for such applications...If your sticking to factory shortblock, heads, etc with some simple bolt ons sure theyre good, but once you get into major things they hurt more than help. One way or the other though I think these things are way over rated reputation wise, and as you can see they dont give you a whole lot on the track; and id believe casper about track info over anyone on this forum any day.

#11 ·
well being a college student and working part time I wont be doing the FI build till a full time job and school.

So I would get **** from these cams? .2 tenth sucks for that money

#13 ·
That makes sense but still think of it this way. If you cant install them yourself youre gonna have to pay $xxx now to have them installed, then pay $xxx later down the road to have some cams for your new application installed. Why not just go with what you want in the long run, when it wont hurt you very much in the short run.

As for track times. Ive heard some horrific stories about the hitechs. If I can remember correctly someone installed them w/o degreeing and w/o valve springs..one or the other or both....which hitech claims is PERFECTLY ok...it may be for drive ability and functionality but I guess they left out performance? and gains were almost next to nothing on the track.

#17 ·
i have never heard any of the bad things ajm or casper is talking about with the HiTechs. I currently have the HiTechs and i havent installed them yet but even though hitechs says you dont have to degree them, im going to do it anyways.

#18 ·
im not to impressed with them from rideing and raceing a few friends with them... they are ok cams... they not billy bad ass like people want you to think..i think the people that say that never drove anything that made more than 200 hp lmao... with my tuner wasnt to impressed with them either..just put a non intercooled vortech for like 2grand and just save up till you can do a motor build..

#27 ·
#26 ·
well i think i decided H&R supersport springs with MM casters, and bbk poly isos and a PI 3.5k stall. I went againt coilover for now b.c of funds and cams b.c I want to do heads and cams if I do.

sounds good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.