Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justin, here is the daytime video you requested.
For everyone else it's been a slow process but I just received the break-in tune. Here it is up and running. :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
very cool man!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Thanks, Billy! Man, that sounds like it's going to be pretty loud.

when is the dyno tune? you gotta post the graph up afterwards. i definitely want to see the numbers.
It's getting tuned on the 26th at 9 am. I'll post number as soon as I get them.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I'll be adding the VMP Tuning 3" MAF tube and HPX MAF. I bought the solder in kit, so I can use the internal IAT instead of the stock external IAT.
Don't use the VMP sensor, it's a bootleg HPX, it's a stock ford sensor with a HPX sticker glued on!!!. PMAS has a lawsuit filed with them for copyright infringement. Don't use them, I had one it was hilarious. Go with a PMAS, it has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I haven't heard of this before. Got a link? On VMP's website it's supposed to come with the PMAS HPX. I hope it's not a Ford sensor with a sticker on it. I'll be highly pissed off. I don't have the time to be messing around with this crap.

I already put the order in a couple days ago. I haven't seen a shipping e-mail notice as of yet. Does he normally take this long to ship orders?

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I haven't heard of this before. Got a link? On VMP's website it's supposed to come with the PMAS HPX. I hope it's not a Ford sensor with a sticker on it. I'll be highly pissed off. I don't have the time to be messing around with this crap.

I already put the order in a couple days ago. I haven't seen a shipping e-mail notice as of yet. Does he normally take this long to ship orders?
Yes I had one and it was a ford sensor with a sticker on it! I sent it back for a refund. Take my advise and order it from PMAS directly. Because I know VMP doesn't sell real HPXs. If you indeed keep it give me a PM and I can tell you if it's a real HPX or not.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
What about the 3" MAF tube and solder in wiring harness? Anything wrong with those items?
The solder in harness is good I used one of those. I didn't bother with the tube because I know how to weld so I just welded the MAF flange on my tube.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
all my tubing is 3.5" and 3"

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
To put this BS to rest...

The "VMP HPX" that I sell is in fact a re-calibrated sensor with range to support over 600rwhp in a 3" tube, and NOT a factory sensor. Myself and many other tuners use this sensor in everything from 400rwhp blown 2Vs to 800RWHP GT500s. The sensor can be tuned using a transfer function that I can supply you with or the SCT BA5000 value files.

I generally have 50-100 of these sensors on hand, whereas other manufacturers recommended here may have supply issues. A company is not going to sue another company if they are not actively in business. Their phone is disconnected, just try for yourself http://www.massairsystems.com/ 517-327-3900, it has been disconnected for nearly two years.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
To put this BS to rest...

The "VMP HPX" that I sell is in fact a re-calibrated sensor with range to support over 600rwhp in a 3" tube, and NOT a factory sensor. Myself and many other tuners use this sensor in everything from 400rwhp blown 2Vs to 800RWHP GT500s. The sensor can be tuned using a transfer function that I can supply you with or the SCT BA5000 value files.

I generally have 50-100 of these sensors on hand, whereas other manufacturers recommended here may have supply issues. A company is not going to sue another company if they are not actively in business. Their phone is disconnected, just try for yourself HOME 517-327-3900, it has been disconnected for nearly two years.
so explain to me why I received a FORD sensor with a VMP sticker on it. Just because a company isnt actively selling anything doesnt mean you can blatantly disregard a REGISTERED copyright....

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Wow I love it man.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
so explain to me why I received a FORD sensor with a VMP sticker on it. Just because a company isnt actively selling anything doesnt mean you can blatantly disregard a REGISTERED copyright....
I would tread lightly here. If you're going to come on here swinging, bashing a reputable company of doing something like this than you better have some facts. So far everything you've said, ie VMP Tuning was sued has been incorrect. What proof do you have that it was a Ford sensor?

Probably because it's not the case.. I've ran one in the past on another vehicle and it's not a Ford sensor. Don't you think most everyone, or their tuners, would be realizing they were getting the same results as their OEM sensor? Pretty silly..

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I would tread lightly here. If you're going to come on here swinging, bashing a reputable company of doing something like this than you better have some facts. So far everything you've said, ie VMP Tuning was sued has been incorrect. What proof do you have that it was a Ford sensor?

Probably because it's not the case.. I've ran one in the past on another vehicle and it's not a Ford sensor. Don't you think most everyone, or their tuners, would be realizing they were getting the same results as their OEM sensor? Pretty silly..
Im not going to get into it and ruin this guys thread. Just so everyones aware a real HPX is not suppose to have any ford badging on it, and is suppose to have a serial number engraved into the metal so you know its real...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts