Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still working on the paint issues the body shop I put on hold. I told them I still have doubts on colors. Im not really sure I would like the Red Pearl through the whole car. I am trying to locate pictures with very subtle pearl paint just a hint of pearl. The suggested how about Black Candy? Ok so what makes Black Candy differ from black with a few coats of clear? Second option how about Leman stripes down the center of the car and those would be "Pearl Red" or i found a older mustang wih Red Candy stripes. Its so hard to decide because I have to live with it for awhile. Any other suggestions? Im open to any ideas now.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
I say no on the stripes. Everything looks better in black, as far as pearl and candy and whatnot Idk. If you must do a stripe I would like one wide one, like about 24-30 inches, and I would do pearl white. Simple looks better but This is just my opinion

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I say do all black candy...
Just an FYI- candy colors are hard/near impossible to blend if anything happens to your paint.

Stripes don't look good IMO. Just me though.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
They make cars that aren't white? Lol

I applaud anyone who purposely paints a car black, and has the time and dedication to keep it looking good.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
IMHO, unless it's going to be a show car, no candy. I don't mind the stripe(s) as long as it's not the single stripe off centered. Pease post a pic of black cady ON a car while I try to google it

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant locate a car pic with Black Candy...Thats the problem Im having. As for the striping im on the fence, it would be like the double strip like they sell with vinyl but of course paint. Im trying to find a pic of very very subtle pearl paint. The Artic blue is sweet but the red interior wont look right? Im kindof stuck between Blac, white and the red family. What else, Im taking all the suggestions I can..

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
I say no on the stripes. Everything looks better in black. If you must do a stripe I would like one wide one, like about 24-30 inches, and I would do pearl white. Simple looks better but This is just my opinion
this^^^ simple is better, if you do a stripe make it white and either 1 wide stripe or 2 thiner stripes down the center. none of that off center fancy swirly flamin crap... just MHO

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Burple FTW!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked to another paint supplier. They said black candy is actually black candy paint over silver base. She said the car will not look black?

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Look at the last link I showed you. The color is really, really dark grey

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I talked to another paint supplier. They said black candy is actually black candy paint over silver base. She said the car will not look black?
Silver base coat with a transparent black midcoat applied over it. The darkness or lightness of the black will be determined by how mant coats are laid down and how wet..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ehhh I'm not like the dark dark grey. I was under the assumption it was very wet looking black. What do you guys think? I know it's untimately preference but how about a few options I can mole over.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I think pelley has some paint experience so I'd take his word for it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts