Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a black 2010 mustang and it has an enormous amount of swirl marks.

I think im going to by the Meguiar SwirlX and DA polisher to try to remove them.

has anybody had a bad experience with these? Any other better products?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
i just bought a black 2010 mustang and it has an enormous amount of swirl marks.

I think im going to by the Meguiar SwirlX and DA polisher to try to remove them.

has anybody had a bad experience with these? Any other better products?
NO. How old is the car exactly? True polishes should be applied, I believe, 6 months after the car was painted. It could be shorter I can't remember exactly right now though. If its newer than 6 months you could risk damaging the clearcoat.

I say let it be for at least another month then buy a Porter Cable 7424 with Pinnacle XMT Swirl remover #2 and #1 then top that off with the XMT glaze, a coat of Poorboys EX-P sealant, then a layer of Poorboys Nattys paste wax.

If you want to do it the right way the first time spend the money on the right stuff.

You'll love the way the car looks afterwards I guarentee it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NO. How old is the car exactly? True polishes should be applied, I believe, 6 months after the car was painted. It could be shorter I can't remember exactly right now though. If its newer than 6 months you could risk damaging the clearcoat.

I say let it be for at least another month then buy a Porter Cable 7424 with Pinnacle XMT Swirl remover #2 and #1 then top that off with the XMT glaze, a coat of Poorboys EX-P sealant, then a layer of Poorboys Nattys paste wax.

If you want to do it the right way the first time spend the money on the right stuff.

You'll love the way the car looks afterwards I guarentee it.
I agree "spend the money on the right stuff"...after all stang is always worth it! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts