Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a black 99 GT and ive been in the market for wheels and still kinda torn between going with the gunmetal color or a set of matte black cobra r's. What do you guys think of the black on black. Think its played out?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, to me, definitely like the black and chrome, but it seems to flashy for me. Im just trying to make it subtle but also stand out.

·
Registered
546 Posts
the stealth black fr500's ftw!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah! those look good. if i were going matte black, id either go with those or the cobra r's. but im still not sure yet.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Black on black is just too much in my opinion, gotta have some shiny chrome wheels to make it stad out.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Chrome is the Anti-Christ.

Just saying.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Black wheels wit a polished lip is nice.

·
Banned
35 Posts
i would say some black deep dish's with a nice polished lip and black everything else out. i wanted a black gt so i could black everything out unfortunatly didnt end up with it

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Get whatever color combo you like man. I like black on black and chrome on black. Sure you will see a crap load of blacked out cars on here or a bunch of cars with the same wheels but look at how many cars are on this site. I haven't ever seen a completely blacked out vehicle before and I have been all accross the south and west coast. Not saying they aren't out there. Just that they aren't as common as you would think by looking on this site. It's pretty hard to build a car to be different then most around this site without building a ricer or ghetto fabulous ride.

·
Registered
119 Posts
if you want them, get them. just take care of them so when you get sick of them you can sell them for a god price or trade for some new ones. I loved them when I first put them on, but it got old fast.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Get whatever color combo you like man. I like black on black and chrome on black. Sure you will see a crap load of blacked out cars on here or a bunch of cars with the same wheels but look at how many cars are on this site. I haven't ever seen a completely blacked out vehicle before and I have been all accross the south and west coast. Not saying they aren't out there. Just that they aren't as common as you would think by looking on this site. It's pretty hard to build a car to be different then most around this site without building a ricer or ghetto fabulous ride.
Agreed. I dont think black on black is anymore played out than black on chrome.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
if you want them, get them. just take care of them so when you get sick of them you can sell them for a god price or trade for some new ones. I loved them when I first put them on, but it got old fast.
Everything get's old man. I love my chrome cobra wheels but have been wanting to change over to a black wheel and change the look up a little. Every body get's tired of looking at the same thing forever and wanna change it up at some point. Same thing apply's to clothing,shoes and wives.:lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, I think im just gonna go with the black on black. Then start working on some matte black accents. Black on black seems like it would stand out, but not be too flashy. Hopefully ill do a good job and dont make it look to jenky. lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts