Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of some people using black spray paint (not sure if flat or gloss) to black out their engine bay. I haven't seen it personally though...

Anyone care to comment?

I can see how it would like kinda nice and bring all the attention to the motor, and on the other hand, its black and its spraypaint...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
there was a car featured in 5.0 mustangs a little while ago that had an all black engine bay, but it was smoothed, wires tucked, powdercoated and painted gloss, semi and flat black. it would be a big job but it looked pretty sick

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The nicest ones I've seen took everything out of the engine bay and had it professionally painted and filled all the most of the holes and hid all the wires. Very nice and clean looking but also a **** ton of work.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The nicest ones I've seen took everything out of the engine bay and had it professionally painted and filled all the most of the holes and hid all the wires. Very nice and clean looking but also a **** ton of work.
I've seen that before... I don't do meth so I don't have the patience or time :)

I'm doing a motor swap and will have it empty and was looking for something to clean it up a bit...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you want it to look really nice. Have it towed to a body shop and have them do the motor bay. Clean it all up and give it a really good paint job. Some blue or red LED lights around the motor (hidden) would also help to set off the look of the motor. Thats just IMO anyways.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
If you want it to look really nice. Have it towed to a body shop and have them do the motor bay. Clean it all up and give it a really good paint job. Some blue or red LED lights around the motor (hidden) would also help to set off the look of the motor. Thats just IMO anyways.
Ive always thought getting the engine bay painted would be a huge cost since you would have to remove the engine right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts