Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting black rims or getting the stock ones powder coated or something. I dont even know if black rims would look good on a candy red stang though. Thoughts? Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, thanks guys! Well I am broke so I will probably have to get them painted, plus I like the way the stock ones look IMO they would just look better black.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been thinking about getting black rims or getting the stock ones powder coated or something. I dont even know if black rims would look good on a candy red stang though. Thoughts? Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.
Black will look good!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if I were to buy new rims I would want them to be wider on the back. Like iceguyb14, he got stock replicas that were wider and painted them black I am just afraid if I paint them myself it will look cheap because I hate when things look cheap! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha I'm just worried I would mess something up but I would also have a hard time trusting someone else to do it. I need to figure something out though!

·
Registered
168 Posts
With the black stripes on the red candy I'm definately going with black rims in the near future :cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that will look good but I probably won't stripe mine.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
to bad your not local..i would just trade you my black stock rims since I put new ones on last week.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang.. Yeah that would be nice! haha Where do you live? I travel quite a bit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang I hardly ever drive up north.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Here's a video of a guy that powder coated the stock ones...if you do decide to do that look at his GT emblems he got those painted black too. If you're nervous about doing it to a red car you could do that to tie it all in. Good luck!

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Morty just painted his-- they are prety bad ass. Saw them in person today.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just paint them. As long as you take your time and prep them they will turn out just fine till you can afford new ones. I use dupli-color high perf wheel coating in satin black with a 2 clear coats on top. Im pretty happy with the way they turned out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts