Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was able to pick up another spoiler off of CL for $40... Originally mineral gray. Now I'm panting it black... My original one has a crack and is slowly getting bigger... Hopefully I can pull it off!

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So today, I decided to give it another try... everything went smoothly this time... no finger prints... no accidents...

I'll let it sit till tomorrow... let it completely dry, then buff it...

:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
thats looks really sharp!!! :)...one clean stang!!!, im liking the hood too

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I've had this wing for almost 3 weeks... first 2 times I painted it, something bad happens during the "drying phase"... finally, the third one came out ok... I was starting to doubt my rattle can skills...LOL

@Zinc: I was gonna go for the wingless look myself... I had the wing off for a month or so but I couldn't stand the scratches and marks the spoiler left on the trunklid...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Looks good man. I'm thinking of painting my wing satin black this spring. I think your car would look sick with a blackout panel and tinted tail lights. But that's just my opinion and I love blackout panels :yes

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good man. I'm thinking of painting my wing satin black this spring. I think your car would look sick with a blackout panel and tinted tail lights. But that's just my opinion and I love blackout panels :yes
I've thought of doing that but unfortunately, cops around my area have a thing with tinted tails... That's what's been holding me back... Plus... I'd rather VHT another pair of tails just in case I make a boo-boo! Lol

As for the deckled panel... Would it look good without tinted tails? :dunno

I'm kinda liking the Mach 1-ish appearance right now. ;)

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Question rattle can geniuses...

So the wing was painted gloss black... Finished off with gloss clear. MOFO looks satin black... Can I still make it look glossy by wetsanding it with 2000 grit sand paper, even if it's already covered in clear? Because I've heard before that you're supposes to wetsand it BEFORE the clear... Help?!:)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Question rattle can geniuses...

So the wing was painted gloss black... Finished off with gloss clear. MOFO looks satin black... Can I still make it look glossy by wetsanding it with 2000 grit sand paper, even if it's already covered in clear? Because I've heard before that you're supposes to wetsand it BEFORE the clear... Help?!:)
I wet sand after clear.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
btw torch i noticed you said you were wondering if a blackout looked good with red tails...i just put red tails back in the GT and i'm so surprised at how sexy it looks....i'll take a pic for you tomarrow.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
This is on my Jeep painted with Rustoleum Gloss black and Rustoleum clear. 2000 grit wetsand AFTER CLEAR, and polished with Meguiars Ultimate Compound:

Do it dude. It'll be a flipping mirrior.

I love the look by the way. You're strongly tempting me!!!!

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is on my Jeep painted with Rustoleum Gloss black and Rustoleum clear. 2000 grit wetsand AFTER CLEAR, and polished with Meguiars Ultimate Compound:

Do it dude. It'll be a flipping mirrior.

I love the look by the way. You're strongly tempting me!!!!
Thanks dude... I actually just finished wetsanding and polishing it... Looks a lot better now... I only used a regular polishing compound... I'll pick up that meguiar's ultimate compound tomorrow...

Here's my end product:

As you can see, it's getting dark outside so I'll recheck everything tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts