Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just wanted opinions for putting 10" matte black stripes with 1" pinstripes onto a black GT. I am on the fence as I really like the look but I am not sure whether I would regret it after the fact. I have not done any exterior mods yet and am not looking to spend too much, hopefully under $150 but I would spend more if I have to.

Does anyone have somewhere to recommend if I decide on it? I have only found a few web sites that sell the matte black and I would like to make sure what I get is not poor quality and will last. One website what was a great price is, but I don't know if its good stuff:

* 10" 3m Brand Mustang Precut Racing Stripes - Mustang Camaro Firebird Trans Am Vinyl Racing Stripes

Below is a picture I found of clost to what I would really like it to look like.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I think the black w/ matte black stripe looks badass, im actually looking to have one painted on my Shelby when the stock vinyl wears out . I think to pull this off though you will need some more appearance mods and if you do decide to do it do it right and have the stripe painted on it will look better and last a lot longer.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a matte black GT/CS stripe on the side of the car. Can you see it? lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm loving the matte black, it looks badass, might want to be careful with how cheap the site the OP posted.

for me it's really between that color and grabber Blue if I could find a set of those!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I am skeptical about buying from the site that I listed. The price seems to good to be getting the good 3m vinyl. I was hoping that someone had purchased stripes from them or somewhere else that would be worthy of a recommendation that carries the matte black.

I don't quite have the funds to paint them on otherwise it would be a no-brainer.

How long can I expect the vinyl to last while looking like new (not faded or starting to pick up on the edges assuming I take good care of it)?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Do you keep your car outside or garage it? That would make a difference on how long the stripes last. I don't know if you can wax matte colors, but I doubt it. I do really like the look.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It's got to be really hard waxing your hood keeping the wax off the stripes. Other than that I say go for it, looks awesome.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
I love that look :yes. Before I had all of my graphics painted on, I did them in vinyl to be sure I liked them. I bought them here ** Graphic Express * Ford Mustang Stripe Kits and Decals - Mustang GT Boss Cobra Mach1 King Cobra Maverick Torino Pony Decals Shipping Specials and never had a problem. I even had a lady open her door into my car and mess up my side stripe...and they sent me a replacement for free. They had amazing customer service when I got mine. I didn't look to see if they have what you're looking for, but it might be worth a shot :dunno

·
Registered
541 Posts
Black with matte black stripes in my opinion is the sexiest combination..... EVER.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just put matte black stripes on my black 2010 a few weeks ago and also those hood pins so it looks pretty much like the picture you posted. It looks awesome, I don't have pictures yet i'll have to take some, but pictures won't tell the story, got to see it in person. I took me 3 months to decide, I almost got charcoal metallic, but those were very expensive. The matte looks good, I hear "nice car" about 50% of the time I get out of my car. Do it, you will like it. I'll take some pictures this weekend if it will help you decide. I liked the stripes so much I also got matte rocker stripes but like drock, they don't show up that well.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts