Second Coat:

After:
3 coats of clear

I am really happy with the result :D. Took me like 30 minutes to do :yes

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good, but why not just take it off? its only two screws...
Haha I knew someone would ask. I dont have the special bit to get out the security torx, my dad has it and he doesnt get home till almost 8 and I did not feel like waiting.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Looks good man i had a blacked out one for awhile.. But now mine is dsg'd out lol..

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Looks good. I used to run the blacked out emblems everywhere on my car. I painted the MG about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good job, looks good.
Thank you good sir

Looks good man i had a blacked out one for awhile.. But now mine is dsg'd out lol..
Thanks, yeah I remember seeing that when you got your cobra bumper put on, looks good :yes

looks good blue :D
Thanks white :D

Looks good. I used to run the blacked out emblems everywhere on my car. I painted the MG about 6 months ago.
Thanks MP :yes. Yeah man I saw those pictures, you have one of my favorite cobras :yes

now take a bit of sand paper to the edges and give it a silver outline... :)

Looks good thogh.
Thanks man. Actually what I was thinking about is going to a paint guy and having him mix me up some universal gloss black and the color of my car and spraying the emblem with that but that is just an idea.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Looks good man. I don't know if I want to do this or not. I kinda like the stock look of the emblem..

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
looks really good 00blue. tell me did you get scared after the first coat and see that it didnt cover very well? lol

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i love the blacked out emblem...thats why im glad i did mine..
Yeah Im glad I did it, thanks for the help

Looks good. If i had a pony id black it out too.
Thank you, why didnt you do it to the GT?

Looks good man. I don't know if I want to do this or not. I kinda like the stock look of the emblem..
Thanks Zat. I know what you mean, I like the stock look but I dont see that many blacked out ponys and I went for it. Also seeing 6ers blacked out pony help me decide.

looks good! i miss the pony from my v6... :(
Thanks man! Yeah but now you have a coiled snake

looks really good 00blue. tell me did you get scared after the first coat and see that it didnt cover very well? lol
Gracious. It did a little bit at first but I realized it was only the first coat.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Thank you, why didnt you do it to the GT?

Ya know i thought about it, but didnt know if i wanted to for sure at the time. I figured i shouldve had an equal amount of chrome and black and thought that mightve made it look different. But now ill never know

1 - 17 of 17 Posts