Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting to buy stuff for the cobra...
But I'm stuck in the endless circle of mindgames...:(

Go big or stay subtle and try to be happy with it?:sorry

Truthfully I prob would have alreaddy done something to it but a trip to fl that cost $400 and the 2 new tires that were required when I got back derailed my first mods.

The endless debate, save up for twins?
Buy a used whipple or kb?
Will 600hp be enough?

My goal is still the same as it always was, to be able to beat c6 zo6 and a viper.

Do I want to do it wih sheer horsepower?
Or should I eliminate the wheelhop do some weight reduction and stiffen it up a lil'?

Is it worth it to invest so much in a car You only get to see 10 days out of the month?

Be Glad You non cobra owners, These ?'s haunt me.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
What makes you think you cobra owners are the only ones plagued by those questions?:D Thats the same thing I say all the time. Is 11:1 compression enough? Will the 450-500rwhp N/A impress me like I want it to?

I feel your pain for sure. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hellion all the way. With 14psi you can make mid to high 6xx on pump gas...thats pushing it on a twin screw..;)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Be Glad You non cobra owners, These ?'s haunt me.
yeah, what did that mean??? theres probably many more GT owners being haunted by those ?'s than cobra owners.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Do I want to do it wih sheer horsepower?
Or should I eliminate the wheelhop..... .......and stiffen it up a lil'?
that shouldnt even be one of your ?'s. when u do mods to increase your power, u have to do supporting mods to be able to handle and use that jump in power- i.e. tranny, driveshaft, rearend, suspension.

i need to beef up my rear susp. with only stock termi power. my drag radials have helped alot, but i still have hop if i rev up and dump the clutch quickly.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
first go solid axle, subframe connectors, shocks, struts, lowering springs, c/c plates, and upper/lower control arms and weight reduction, than save up for the big whipple or kb

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
first go solid axle, subframe connectors, shocks, struts, lowering springs, c/c plates, and upper/lower control arms and weight reduction, than save up for the big whipple or kb
how are u gonna recommend a solid axle swap when u dont even know what hes gonna use the car for mostly? he could be planning to use it strictly for autocross and road course events.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya and i could use it pluck daises from the feild too.

See when I had the GT I had a limit 450hp.

I don't have that limit anymore so it brings soo much more into play.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the solid axle till later down the road. The a beefed up IRS is good for a lot. And the car is gonna see more street time than track time, so with all the mods to beef up the rear you should be fine. I would concentrate on power right now.

·
Registered
856 Posts
or you can give it to me and it'll see the road 365 days a year probably. it'll be in better hands, what car wants to stay sitting in the garage while the world passes it by? c'mon now, be considerate

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
or you can give it to me and it'll see the road 365 days a year probably. it'll be in better hands, what car wants to stay sitting in the garage while the world passes it by? c'mon now, be considerate
Hey, unfortunately I'm one those guys who barely drives my car. It's that people like us like to it's that we don't have time, and our lifestyles don't permit us to do so. I love my car, but there is 2.5' of snow outside right now. I also do a whole lot of travelling for work so I don' t have the opportunity to drive it everyday, and even when I work close to home I work on a construction/ demolition site, and they're nasty, dirty places. That is the last place that a mustang belongs. Don't criticize what you don't fully understand. I would love to drive my car everyday, but I can't and that doesn't mean that people like me, have less of a right to own a beautiful muscle car. PLeasein the future keep those opinions to yourself. I haven't busted my ass to get through school and get a decent job so I can afford to have the one thing that I have always wanted which is a mutang to have somebody tell that, because I don't drive it enough that I shouldn't have it.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hey, unfortunately I'm one those guys who barely drives my car. It's that people like us like to it's that we don't have time, and our lifestyles don't permit us to do so. I love my car, but there is 2.5' of snow outside right now. I also do a whole lot of travelling for work so I don' t have the opportunity to drive it everyday, and even when I work close to home I work on a construction/ demolition site, and they're nasty, dirty places. That is the last place that a mustang belongs. Don't criticize what you don't fully understand. I would love to drive my car everyday, but I can't and that doesn't mean that people like me, have less of a right to own a beautiful muscle car. PLeasein the future keep those opinions to yourself. I haven't busted my ass to get through school and get a decent job so I can afford to have the one thing that I have always wanted which is a mutang to have somebody tell that, because I don't drive it enough that I shouldn't have it.
i was joking buddy. i suggested being considerate of a car's feelings. do you sense any sarcasm in that statement?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just do all your rearend mods. There is NO reason to put a live axle in unless it is going to be a track car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts