Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any Idea where to get one, I want to decal it and make a custom one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you are talking about the insert where the 'GT' emblem is I think most people have been buying theirs through ebay. It is funny how none of the vendors have something like this. As for color I sprayed plastidip on mine and I think it looks pretty good. I might actually switch to the MMD rear panel though later on.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah just plasti dip on the chrome and it'll look decent.

If you do a custom one, please post pics! I am very interested.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to figure out a design now on for the rear emblem. IMHO I like the V6 emblem better. I think the GT on the back looks weak.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to paint my deck lid too, Match the car paint, and then have the stripe run down it. Matching design on the Steering wheel as well.

Do mess with perfection.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are talking about the insert where the 'GT' emblem is I think most people have been buying theirs through ebay. It is funny how none of the vendors have something like this. As for color I sprayed plastidip on mine and I think it looks pretty good. I might actually switch to the MMD rear panel though later on.
I plastidipped the 5.0 Im not much of a chrome fan, I have checked ebay, No such luck. Will the 05-09 fit?

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
2013 GT Sterling Grey
7 Posts
For custom Faux gas cap:

EMBLEMPROS.COM - GM LICENSED AND CUSTOM VEHICLE EMBLEMS - 2011 - 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 Custom Faux Gas Cap Emblem - your choice of color combo

NOTE:
This piece will also work on 2013 models, but the modifications are slightly different. The black disk and GT are separate pieces on the 2013 models, and once the black disk is removed, you will need to grind down/cut out your factory GT raised lettering for proper fitment.

To remove the whole Faux gas cap piece:

RTR Mustang Rear Deck Lid Trim Panel (2010-14) - Classic Design Concepts Store

I think this is what you're looking for. Good luck, and post up whatever you decide to do!

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I wish they would have put 5.0 in the emblem then maybe I would have left it.
+1 I hate that it says GT.. Feel unbalanced from the 5.0 badges on the fenders

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im gonna color match my emblem to my car (sterling grey on the chrome ring and gt lettering) and then fill in the FORD gloss black to tie it in with the 13 decklid. Will post pics whenever it happens

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been doing a few searches it seems no official blank plates are made.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Have you looked into the RTR panel?

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Yea...surprised more of you haven't heard of emblempros.

I've had my "5.0" insert for probably a year now but haven't gotten around to putting it on. lol

I'm pretty sure they'll sell you a blank one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts