Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Im gonna give this a try. Ive been told that this MIGHT be cuasing the grinding into 3rd and Id rather try this first then spend $750 on somehting i dont need.

So my question is, How do you bleed a clutch on an 02 GT and how do you adjust the cable?

·
Registered
254 Posts
you didn't just ask that. there is no bleeding involved. to adjust the cable pull the gas pedal toward you, it will click, do this until it stops clicking

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If grinding in one specific gear and not others...synchros or clutch fork.

Your clutch has 1 basic job..transfer energy from engine to transmission

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Well, Im gonna give this a try. Ive been told that this MIGHT be cuasing the grinding into 3rd and Id rather try this first then spend $750 on somehting i dont need.

So my question is, How do you bleed a clutch on an 02 GT and how do you adjust the cable?
try changing your transmission fluid or checking to see if its low. ive heard alot of people say there hard shifts and grinds went away after changing to RP synthetic

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i understand that, I dunno.. alot of people have been telling me that it could just be my clutch. yes it sounds weird, but some people have had this problem that I know and just replaced the lcutch and readjusted everyhting and it never happened again.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i understand that, I dunno.. alot of people have been telling me that it could just be my clutch. yes it sounds weird, but some people have had this problem that I know and just replaced the lcutch and readjusted everyhting and it never happened again.
you said you wanted to try the simple things first.. thats the cheapest:yes

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok well ill go buy some synthetic RP and try that out.

can the 05+ do clutch bleeding? because I found somewhere that a has an adobee file on it from some sort of booklet...

·
Registered
254 Posts
so your telling me there is ZERO fluids in our clutch? i find that hard to believe...
old school technology of pulleys turning 10lbs into 100. just you making the disengagement

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its up there. I messed up the post. click the link and a bit of the way down there are a few pdf files and one of them describes bleeding a clutch... I dunno...

this **** has got me so stressed out and confused.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
ok well ill go buy some synthetic RP and try that out.

can the 05+ do clutch bleeding? because I found somewhere that a has an adobee file on it from some sort of booklet...
why not just take it to a shop have them change the clutch and fluid and install and adjust your cable? unless you know how to do this yourself? you can get it done for around 400 labor, or just ask around there may be someone on here near you that would be willing to help you..

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
why not just take it to a shop have them change the clutch and fluid and install and adjust your cable? unless you know how to do this yourself? you can get it done for around 400 labor, or just ask around there may be someone on here near you that would be willing to help you..

that would be my father... hes done it a few time times before.

He told me to try to bleed the clutch and adjust the cable and see if that helps any

should i just get the RP Synchromax or the ATF?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
that would be my father... hes done it a few time times before.

He told me to try to bleed the clutch and adjust the cable and see if that helps any

should i just get the RP Synchromax or the ATF?
yes and tell him theres no bleeding the clutches on our cars there not hydraulic

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah see hes a GM and Mopar person. hes always owned some kind of the 2 from a fully built 360 Duster in his teens to now a Monte Carlo SS.

Alright Ill talk to him adn Ill try the synchromax tomorrow. Ill drive that for the weekend and see what happens. if nothing works ill order the clutch and get the ball rolling on the tranny ****...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts