Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1987, 5.0, 5 speed and have never bled the brakes. I bought it in 1994. Should brakes be bled at a certain interval? What happens if I don't? What is the complete procedure for bleeding them? Thanks:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the speed bleeder and the Valvoline synthetic Dot3/4 fluid. I have the rear wheel off. Where exactly is the bleed valve located? :banghead I see a brake line going into a fitting and what looks like a grease fitting. Is the "grease fitting" looking thing the bleeder valve? I have a Haynes repair manual, but it just says to loosen and bleed, but doesn't show which screw. I don't want to take off the wrong thing and put air in the line. Thanks!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What size is everyone else's speed bleeders? If they are 3/8 threads,how do you use them to bleed rear drum brakes since that won't fit in the bleeder hole where the stock bleeder is?

If I do it the normal way with a can of fluid and a hose from the bleeder valve to an end submerged in the fluid, will it still flush the entire system so I can get all new fluid in the brake system?

I have 32 oz. of fluid (1/2 gallon) of fluid. Is this enough to flush the entire brake system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.