Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a penny fall into my cigarette lighter (thank you ford for putting a coin holder in front of the damn thing) and in the process of fishing it out it sparked. Since then the cruise control, cigarette lighter, and fog lamps all don't work, and did up until that time. Is there anywhere that all three of these items create a junction? Not much of an electrical guy but I can figure it out with a diagram. All the fuses were checked and were good also.

Thanks

·
:)
11,583 Posts
i'm not here to say anything too important, but more of a suggestion. I keep all my coins in the cupholder.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
ah missed that, i was reading it on my iphone.

check the fusible links that come off the starter solenoid maybe you popped on of them

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Double check your fuses, it seems like you missed it somewhere because if a penny fell in there and you got a spark, it's a 99% chance you blew a fuse... And yes a lot of car manufacturers will group circuits onto one fuse.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok re checked the fuses and turns out I did have a blown fuse for the cig lighter so I changed it and now it works. Sweet! as for the lights, tried them and nothing still, not even a drop in voltage when I turned the switch on. and haven't had a chance to try my cruise control yet. where exactly are the fusible links in the 88 gt?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I would start right at the lights with a test light or multimeter and see if you have voltage there. If you don't, then go to the switch and check there. The best way to approach a problem like that is to start with the easy stuff.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went out to a concert earlier and got a chance to check the cruise, it works now too so its down to the lights. I have to get my hands on a multimeter and check the wiring. I re checked my fuses so my guess is its the actual on/off switch for the fog lamps.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Double check your fuses, it seems like you missed it somewhere because if a penny fell in there and you got a spark, it's a 99% chance you blew a fuse... And yes a lot of car manufacturers will group circuits onto one fuse.
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts