Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a drive though a local ford dealership and noticed that new mustangs have a fisheyes on the side mirrors. I don't know about everyone else, But I have quarter window louvers and on my car and have HUGE blindspots that make backing up and changing lanes pretty damn scary sometimes lol.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could somehow buy Mirrors from those new mustangs and put them on my 2005

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
There have been people that put 2010 mirrors on their 05-09 Mustangs. They are a direct fit. (I haven't noticed their blindspot insert thing before, nice touch Ford)

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
2010 mirrors, iirc, don't have the blind spot mirrors built into them. the 2011 mirrors do. it's debatable whether or not they look horrible, but much better than putting a stick on round mirror on there.

yes you can just buy the 2010 or 2011 mirrors and put them right on your 05-09 mustang

·
Registered
241 Posts
I put the 2010's on my car about a month ago. They're really very easy to do and IMO greatly improve the look of the car as well. Let me know if you need any help or pictures. As for the quarter window louvers I haven't really had that much problem with the blind spots except for backing out of parking spaces. It's a bitch trying to see if there are cars coming down the aisle and unfortunately there not much I can do about that.

EDIT: Here's a link to a more in depth how-to guide: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32213&highlight=2010+side+mirrors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts