Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
I appreciate the advice I am always open to suggestions feedback. I understand what you are getting at. I'll try the eco touch sometime. About to make an order from DC!

Any advice on these... I know you have used a lot of CG stuff.]

Thanks man!

-Blink
Not to be a dick but I didn't think we were supposed to post prices on DC. I could be very wrong but maybe someone else could answer that.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I was unaware of that... I didn't mean to cause issues. Just wanted advice on what was in my cart!

My edit never went through but black on black spray is a must have for some impossible spots, I have allclean+ but I haven't worked with it yet, I'd probably just get one or the other on apc, but I'd love to hear a comparison :D lol
Uww+ dilution can't be beat.. At least right now

Lol I was just told the same thing that's why I mentioned it lol. When DC came out people weren't posting prices b/c of forum sponsors and other people not matching those prices basically lol.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Its off. Ill type up some more later today!

-Blink

Discussion starter · #27 ·
What would you guys like reviewed next?

Here's my modest collection so far.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Product Reviews

GG's DA vs PC's DA

DA's in the corner... didn't have a dedicated pic for them... haha

To start off... as I promised I'll be doing a comparison/review of the GG DA Polisher vs the PC DA. (GG denotes Griot's Garage. PC denotes Porter Cable. DA = Dual Action polisher. For those of you who are looking at getting a DA.)

I'll start off with the GG. One thing that sets it apart for the PC is its Lifetime Warranty. This is compared to the 2 year limited from PC.

I had read reviews of people feeling as if their GG was made of cheaper materials than the PC. IMHO, this is not the case. I found the GG to be more robust than the PC. The GG is also much more powerful than the PC. It take alot for the pad not to spin freely in almost every section I did my vehicle with.

The PC with the 4 in. pads in my findings would skip and "bottom" out in alot of the tight areas I worked on with my vehicle. It still worked well on speed setting 6... but compared to that of the GG... its pretty weak.

Is the PC a terrible tool? No of course not, but after being able to get some added practice with both.. I can confidently say I would buy a GG over a PC in a heartbeat. I also got lucky with Autogeek and got 2x GG DA's for $75 a piece... so worth it! :naughty:

However, the PC also has its positives. I like the speed setting dial MUCH better than on the GG. Also the GG power switch is very firm. I found myself going to turn it on and not pushing the selector far enough. This would cause the DA to spin and cut off as soon as I let go of the power button. It just took a little bit of use to get right. I also hated the location of the speed dial on the GG.

WHY would you put it on the bottom of the DA? It makes absolutely no sense. Also the GG I felt had much more going for it out of the box. It comes with a wrench (for removal and installation of backing plates), backing plate (for 6" in pads... which for Correction I didn't use), replacement brushes for the motor (VERY NICE TO HAVE), nice clear and concise manual, and a How-To CD.

I also loved the GG's handle on the DA. It makes it much easier to control than the PC. Its also much more comfy. I didn't like the side handle of the PC... so I just left it off. The PC's side handle also makes you tend to press the pad at an angle naturally. This is NOT what you want and I found myself having to continually correct the placement of the pad while using the side handle (this was when I first got the PC and used it to Autoscrub and apply LSP back in my last major detail.

Anyways, I hope that gives you all a little snapshot into what you can expect from both DA's. I am glad I have both. But now that I have 2 GG's and a PC... I think I need to figure out what to do with one or two of em.

More product reviews to come. I may be trying out 1z Einzeit today :)

-Blink
Posted this on the first page. :)

I'll try UWW+ vs V7 next time I wash.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Hahaha I can't remember if I posted it up fully or not the first time around!

Posted this on the first page. :)

I'll try UWW+ vs V7 next time I wash.
ROFL A super long part of his post and you ask for it :lmao

UWW+ vs V7. . . I realllllyyyyy like UWW+. Does such an awesome job. I will say I don't plan on buying any more CG speed wipe when i'm out of that because of UWW+. Obviously v7 provides something UWW+ does not BUT for clay lube I will keep using UWW+. For QD after washing I'll use v7.

upp vs bfwdps honestly
uww+ vs v7
wolfgang tire gel vs eco touch tire shine
winner of that vs uttg
pc vs gg
Im getting FSUPP tomorrow :) cannot freakin wait. Im getting on the UWW train soon as well.

Ill be doing the 4 wax test and hopefully BFWD VS UPP as well on tuesday!

Holy derp. . . That was pretty intelligent. Well that's taken care of.
lol

was that a workaholics reference? lol

Im getting FSUPP tomorrow :) cannot freakin wait. Im getting on the UWW train soon as well.

lol

;) such an awesome show.

bluesmokesixxer said:
mach you need to get on that ultimate wax/sealant review you keep hyping up!
I'm with ya on that one!

Discussion starter · #38 ·

lol

Looking forward to you testing em out against each other Mach!

Getting ready to go to the desert... so no more write-ups at least for tonight and tomorrow.

I still can't get over how much BRIGHTER and increased gloss the Pete's 53 brings compared to 845. I doubt the durability is AS good as the 845 but we shall see.

I'll be getting new wheels around X-Mas, so I'll be applying 845 on the wheels before they go on the car!

Any suggestions on wheels? I kinda wanna keep each wheel prices below $200. If not I'll probably grab some Forgestars.

-Blink

I believe it was :lol

mach you need to get on that ultimate wax/sealant review you keep hyping up!
I was gonna do it tomorrow, now its gonna be wednesday because my buddys GMC just lost a planetary gear (we think). So im helping him take off all of his exhaust tomorrow so we can get to the 12 oclock bolt on his bell housing to take his tranny off. Im his wingman and he doesnt have anyone else to help him so i gotta be a bro tomorrow.

I just got FSUPP in today so Wednesday ill be doing the testing and waxing.

I need to cut my grass too, so i may do the waxing, then cut my grass and see if the waxes repel dust differently as well lol.

;) such an awesome show.

I'm with ya on that one!
The test is to come soon! Just a couple days!

Looking forward to you testing em out against each other Mach!

Getting ready to go to the desert... so no more write-ups at least for tonight and tomorrow.

I still can't get over how much BRIGHTER and increased gloss the Pete's 53 brings compared to 845. I doubt the durability is AS good as the 845 but we shall see.

I'll be getting new wheels around X-Mas, so I'll be applying 845 on the wheels before they go on the car!

Any suggestions on wheels? I kinda wanna keep each wheel prices below $200. If not I'll probably grab some Forgestars.

-Blink
Damn, whats your budget overall for wheels and tires?

Discussion starter · #40 ·
No more than 2k or so. I'd like to stay under it... but we shall see.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.