Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a 347 stroker for my car..But I know that if I pull the motor, tear it down, send it out, get it machined, finally done and in the car I will have some decent amount of down time. What year block of a 302 should I look for? I want to just build a motor outside the car, then dump it in when I'm done. I've heard earlier year 302s are stronger than current ones, otherwise I would just pop for an exploder motor. Thanks!

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
youre gona have to do some research on that stupid wetback block, its like an 8.217 deck instead, if you dont do some research and buy a reg 3.4 in crank or 5.4 rods youre gona have a ping machine

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The early 289 blocks can be used for a 347 build and are stronger, but they will require a drop in link bar style hydro lifter to use a hydro roller cam.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol at wetback block. And this block would head to a good machine shop around me, so I'm not so worried about measurements or convering to a hyd cam. They will magnaflux it, take all measurement, get a kit for me, balance/blueprint the motor and I'll pop this bitch in! Hoping to be done by early 2012. Shits gonna take a while. Can't wait till im done, I'll show that queer with the 351 vert what's up with a smaller motor.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell yeah. Where can I look for them? And anyone know how much they go for? Too many questions, but is there a certain hp level for these? Like a normal 5.0 takes 500+/-then it splits.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
woody over at ford strokers has built a few for some guys, and his prices are damn good IMO

you might wanna shoot him an email about it, and see what he says.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts