Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a vortech and FMIC setup would it not be best to use a blow through MAF after the FMIC closer to the throttle body on a straight section(space available) as apposed to a draw through on the end of the Intake by the Air element? Wouldn't you want the air metered as close to the actual air temp. entering the throttle body?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea blow through MAF is post blower, between the intercooler and throttle body. Draw through is before the blower.

What your supposed to do, is if your IAT sensor (intake air temp) is in the MAF, then you buy an external IAT sensor, cut and solder the 2 outside wires (first and last) from the MAF pigtail, and put the IAT anywhere after the intercooler.

Obviously if you go blow through, you dont have to.

I have meth injection, I have to put the meth nozzle after the MAF (im blow through) so I bought a Lightning threaded IAT sensor, drilled and tapped it into the upper plenum

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
.You are correct, you want it in a straight stretch before you go into the throttle body

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perfect info. Thanks man. I looked through the million previous threads about it,but none really answered my question. Meth is gonna be my next mod so thanks alot. How far from your throttle body are the injectors?

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
as you can see from my pictures I left about 12" or so before the throttle body but you can go closer or further as long as you have a good piece of straight run. The meth injection you can actually put right on the TB some have even tapped into the TB and ran Meth directly in there. Some hve run thier meth Pre blower. Do not put you meth directly in front of your MAF or it will spray the MAF and caus eyou all kinds of issues.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
NVM Shaun, SSG just answered that question. SSG what is that last sensor before the TB?
That sensor is my AIT sensor which I ended up taking out of there and putting in the Side of my TB after I did the EGR delete. You can see it in the right side of my TB. Shaun is awesome with these systems too he helped me get mine going a couple years ago before I learned all the ins and out of them.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Also SSG, is that just a 3" pipe reduced with silicone on either side? (pipe with the MAF)
Correct they are 3" stepped up to a 3.25 on the MAF if I remeber correctly. Shaun do you recalll the size of the MAF?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Dude pate,you need to build me one of those pipes!

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Lol I may start fabricating some and selling them.

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Where is the IAT sensor located I bought my car used and it had a CAI already on it but no IAT sensor on it? Every now and then it throws a code high temp IAT but i can't find it!

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I never liked the idea of a IAT sensor before the intercooler. Your assuming the temperature difference is the same all the time. Also if you have the MAF right before the TB and you blow off a pipe you'll still get metered air in the engine.

Dude pate,you need to build me one of those pipes!
I pieced a pipe for the same location together with standard bought pipes and couplers. Its working great.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Where is the IAT sensor located I bought my car used and it had a CAI already on it but no IAT sensor on it? Every now and then it throws a code high temp IAT but i can't find it!
You year should have the MAF and AIT sensor built into one unit.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Id buy for sure!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts