Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was working on my new to me 90 LX and found that the radiator is completly pluged, and the thermostat was not opening till 250+, and it's a 180. So the car is missing and not circulating the water from the passanger side through the radiator. I am on a real tight budget and want to make the best upgrades I can. Beings it was so pluged and rusty inside the radiator, I plan on replacing the radiator, hoses, water pump, thermostat, and a gasket set. What can I do for an inexpensive intake and heads that will bolt on with no modifacations, just bolt right on? I am new to Fords, so your advice and experiance will be much appreciated. Atleast the guy I bought the car from is going to give me some money back. Thanks in advance Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a few choices you will have when it comes to the heads, you can find a set of gt40 or gt40p heads and bolts those on, or save a few bucks more and get yourself a used set of twisted wedges or similar type.

Intake you could use a gt40, cobra, or explorer (those are pretty much the same for flow) or again save a few bucks more and find a used holly system max or something similar.

If you are going to replace the cooling system you might want to also replace your heater core, if there was that much rust you can bet it is also plugging or already plugged.

·
Registered
287 Posts
+1 i would go with gt40s or gt40ps, a trick flow head will still be pretty expensive even used. for intake go with the cobra it will work nice with the gt heads. hes right id deff replace the heater core, you have to tear the dash out put its better then cleaning up the water it leaks when it goes bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts