Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i need to know how a blower cam would act n/a.. a guy im buying heads from is throwing in cams and they are for more of a blower application. How would these react n/a? im sure nitrous and these cams would be fine, but i need to know how they will act without anything. thanks

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
they would act fine. Unix ran blower cams for a while before his blower was installed. He said he still had a nice gain.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
they would act fine. Unix ran blower cams for a while before his blower was installed. He said he still had a nice gain.
agreed, you just wouln't see there full potential:yes

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Whats the differnce between blower cams and N/A cams? Does one have more lift or duration than the other?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the blower cams usually dont have the "lope" that n/a cams have..
but some do..

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Blower cams have bigger Lobe Separation Angles in general (to reduce valve overlap).
the blower cams usually dont have the "lope" that n/a cams have..
but some do..
So NA cams have more overlap and that's why they sound so lopey (sp?), gotcha!

How can you tell the lobe separation angles when you're looking at cam specs? Is that what the LC (I think it stands for lobe center) means after the lift and duration specs?

Maybe I'm confused or dumb, but I can't tell if a cam is a blower cam or an NA cam by looking at specs, it has to say "Blower" right in the title.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

this is the video of the heads and cams that i ordered

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The exact ones, this is the car i got them off of

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
oh wow. that sounds good..
what brand cam is that??

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
wanna sell em to me instead lol.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Lopey, i like

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Im hoping that mustang is a fake cobra cause they wont fit your car if not lol..

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Word, Just weird, he has everything exact

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ran a set of crower stage 2 blower cams in my n/a motor for a while, great low end, and not too bad in the higher revs, it didnt pull as hard on top as it would have with a n/a cam, and they sounded ok, you could tell the cams were there, but like a few people already mentioned, no where near as lopey an a n/a cam

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.