Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i was wondering what are some good blower cams for my pretty much stock 02 gt im lookin for a choppy idle and im eventually gonna get a vortech so im tryin to get the most out of my car im also getting 410s, also what would be some good supporting mods to go with those cams? thanks.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Blower cams dont lope as much. I think the Comp 270 cams work pretty good for boost setup, and have a nice lopey idle.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would look into some CMS 2.5 cams. Or Crower blower cams. Those actually lope pretty good. And great improvment, power wise.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
springs/retainers are always good while your in there. Longtubes with cams will free up a lot.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Id go with a stall before cams if I was an auto...thats just me though.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nothing is necessary, just opinion. If it were me, if I had an auto, first mods would be 4.10's, stall, shiftkit. That a lone will make the car feel ALOT faster without making any more power. If anything itll lose alittle power. But feel so much faster.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea im lookin into 410s and cams if i can im gonna try to fit in a stall then eventually save the big bucks for blower, n what u mean lose a lil power?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Screw the cams, get the blower first. Use that $600 or more (springs/retainers) to put towards a blower setup.

4.10's take away from alittle power uptop. But its not anything noticable. Like 1-2hp.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I just say run a blower with an air to air intercooler at 9-10psi, see if you like the power, if you want more do cams. Blower cams with a blower setup usually pick up at least 50rwhp from what Ive seen. Thats going from AFM cams, to houston performance, to crower, to CMS etc.... I think Bandity picked up like 80rwhp with his houston performance S292 cams.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ya this is the second time of heard about andersons im gonna take a look at them, yea im just tryin to get some stuff done this season i would love to have a blower this season but the way the economy is idk bout this season so im just tryin to make it affordable right now. thats kind of a lot to pick up from blower cams i thought they usually range from 25-35?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
OP, I would say forget the cams if you are going to add a blower later on down the road, unless you are planning on building a forged motor when you add the blower. With the cams and a blower, you will be on borrowed time with the stock short block.

If you want to stay N/A, then you can go nuts with cams and heads and your stock shortblock should stand up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea when the car eventually gets up there in hp im definately gonna get a new stronger short block. i dont think im gonna go n/a tho.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts