Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i got an 01 cobra. what would i need to put on an 03-04 supercharger cause i can get one dirt cheap.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
bigger capacity injectors, bigger capacity fuel pump. thats some things i can think of off the top of my head. oh and i guess you would need a second pulley and belt system. my car has two separate belt systems.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
oh and im pretty sure u would have to lower your compression to run boost. how much is that eaton gonna cost ya?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
eaton on 99/01 idea, your going to spend like $3K, and your going to have a blower that blower 8PSI ofhot air.

off the top of my head, the majority of the list is:

blower
throttlebody/plenum
injectors
intake for 03/04
EGR for 03/04
lower intake manifold
intercooler
all the IC lines
heat exchanger
resevoir
03/04 front cover
upper idler that goes where the alt of yours goes
pulley bridge
lower pulley/cage setup
03/04 altenator/brackets
and a bunchof other misc. brackets, and items.

its not worth it, your money would be much better spent on a vortech, or procharger kit

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i dont like centri blowers, one reason is how god awful they look under the hood, extemely messy apperence

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
eaton on 99/01 idea, your going to spend like $3K, and your going to have a blower that blower 8PSI ofhot air.

off the top of my head, the majority of the list is:

blower
throttlebody/plenum
injectors
intake for 03/04
EGR for 03/04
lower intake manifold
intercooler
all the IC lines
heat exchanger
resevoir
03/04 front cover
upper idler that goes where the alt of yours goes
pulley bridge
lower pulley/cage setup
03/04 altenator/brackets
and a bunchof other misc. brackets, and items.

its not worth it, your money would be much better spent on a vortech, or procharger kit
elder, i highly highly highly recommend saving up your money longer and getting a whipple or KB. sounds like putting a eaton M112 on there wont be worth it. and if youre gonna boost that engine, u wanna be able to beat the 03-04's out there that still have the eaton. just hold off till later man.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i dont like centri blowers, one reason is how god awful they look under the hood, extemely messy apperence
same here, i like how a blower looks on top of the engine better.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
honestly, i dont really give a **** what you like, and dont like, you dont like centri's, you dont like turbo's, you dont like rear seat deletes.

well i like, and recommend what works THE BEST, and nothing else.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i can get the stock blower and intake for like 400 bucks so it was just a matter of finding out how much the rest of it would cost me. but basically what im gettin out of this is that i just need to save and get a kit made for my car

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
well i can get the stock blower and intake for like 400 bucks so it was just a matter of finding out how much the rest of it would cost me. but basically what im gettin out of this is that i just need to save and get a kit made for my car
the eaton is the cheap part. for $400 its not going to include the intake manifold though.

you looking at $3K + after its all done.

you would be alot better off with a kit made for your car.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no it does include the intake manifold. its not from a website or ebay. its a local guy that i kno pretty well. ive seen the parts and he is moving out of town and wants to sell them cheap so i figured for 400 bucks it cant be to bad but if i need all those other componets ill think about something else first

1 - 13 of 13 Posts