• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Two Stangs
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come income time im going to get blown:naughty:

The car is an 02 GT and its going to become my money pit after i graduate, i am currently a junior but migt possibly continue my education afterwards.

I love the roots type blowers mainly for the instant torque and looks. I have looked into the kb units and their kits are limited for the two valve and are also pricey. It seems with the 2.1 i will hit a wall in terms of hp. For the same price i can get a centri with a much higher hp limit.

The car will remain on stock internals for now until graduation when i can get an mmr build. With a possibility of staying stock longer if i pursue post graduate studies. I hear the roots blowers produce more stress to the engine? More heat? Heat soak? Im in tx where temperatures often eclipse 100f:bash:

What would you go with?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Turbo and no mmr

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
What are your goals with the car. You can keep kbs cooler by upgrading stuff such as the h/e. but yes, they will run hotter that any other fi. No matter what you get i guarantee you will have a lot more fun.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Agree with Froush, google this ****, or just search on these forums. Theres been plenty of "debates" about which is better.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
:deadhorse

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
This is going to turn into a 20 page **** fest soon. Me personally I'd go with a KB, or Turbo. I have a Centri at the moment.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Come income time im going to get blown:naughty:

The car is an 02 GT and its going to become my money pit after i graduate, i am currently a junior but migt possibly continue my education afterwards.

I love the roots type blowers mainly for the instant torque and looks. I have looked into the kb units and their kits are limited for the two valve and are also pricey. It seems with the 2.1 i will hit a wall in terms of hp. For the same price i can get a centri with a much higher hp limit.

The car will remain on stock internals for now until graduation when i can get an mmr build. With a possibility of staying stock longer if i pursue post graduate studies. I hear the roots blowers produce more stress to the engine? More heat? Heat soak? Im in tx where temperatures often eclipse 100f:bash:

What would you go with?

Are you a troll? This has been discussed many times before with actual data posted from current members.

Graduate studies? Perhaps the discussion would be better if you were planning on buying now. Both superchargers get the job done. Both supercharger run similar times at the track. Picking one over the other just boils down to personal preference.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
on3 forward facing turbo. cheaper and more power.
More torque but he's limited no matter what with the stock longblock so not really more power. Also definitely not cheaper, everyone overlooks the fact that with a turbo you'll need a k member.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
More torque but he's limited no matter what with the stock longblock so not really more power. Also definitely not cheaper, everyone overlooks the fact that with a turbo you'll need a k member.
k member, control arms, and coil-overs are roughly $600. Turbo kit is $2400 brand new. way cheaper than supercharging

1 - 12 of 12 Posts