Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to go pick my car up today from my tuner. I just recently had a turbo installed and was looking forward to all of the new power. Well I go pick it up and take a test drive in it with my tuner that installed the kit. Well after fifteen minutes or so we get on this back road and he tells me to get into the boost. I am going about thirty miles and hour when I go WOT and as so as I do it back fires and shuts off and there is white smoke every where and oil all over the ground.:mad:

My question is the oil is coming from the back of the manifold, what could have caused this to happen?

He jacked the car up when we got it towed back to the shop and looked under at there was no holes in the block. Is my motor completly fu&k or just partially fu*ked?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry no pictures did not have a camera with me.

Will

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, he said that what ever needs to be fixed is his cost. The only other mod on the car was SLP Loudmouth exhaust.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Damn bro sorry to hear that!!!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
wow it may not be his fault at all...BUT this makes me feel a heck of a lot better that i'm going to pro dyno and not amazon...as i'm located southeast as well...although i never had any doubt that i wanted to go with pro dyno anyway :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shop is great, its one of those freak things. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the motor but there was a lot of smoke and oil on the ground. I will know for sure tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If there is a hole in the block you are going to start from stratch pretty much. No fixing that. Its going to look worse inside of it too. This stuff happens man, just upgrade it and forget about it. How much power was the car making? Boost?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
If the motor is bad do you have an idea of what your going to do for a rebuild

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it was 8 to 9 psi. And around 450 rwhp. Nothing extreme, if the block is fried then I will probably go with a stock block with forged internals.

·
Registered
128 Posts
sorry to hear about that happening. sounds like you took it to the right place though if they're willing to stand by their work like that. hit him up for a built shortblock :llama

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
What happens when the next one blows up? I'd have him pay for a new motor (even if it's stock) and the install and let someone else tune it ....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do not believe the tune because it was running fine and yesterday when it was on the dyno everything was fine. Its just one of those chances you take when going F/I.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts