Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when I had my K-member installed I was told that the CHE brace would not work with the k-member so I sold it. I was browsing another forum and I read something about cutting the brace down to make it fit. I dont believe this would work because as I recall the issue was that the brace was not long eneough. I cant find the forum i was reading. Since installing my bmr k-member with motor mounts my shifting is much worse then it was with the brace and torque limiters. So my question is, is there anything i can do to help with this issue. It is much better than stock but not as good as before. Any ideas?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw im happy with the k-member. besides I think it would probably create the same issue. Of course thats just a guess. But I'm just not a big fan of UPR I think its cheap looking and you just cant beat the finish of the BMR stuff.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the integrated mounts that come with the k-member. i think they are just not as good as the prothanes that you can buy for the stock k-member.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont understand what cutting it will do because its already too short. im confused lol. i really need it. it was about 2 inches too short when we put it up there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
As far as what I've heard it will work you just have to cut it to fit.

Thats what I did and it worked fine. You trim it some and you can only attach it at 2 points but it still works fine. I also have a 6 speed in my car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have pics of this or can you give me instructions because I put it up under the car and it wouldnt reach to any of the attachment points. Damn i just sold the brace and limiters but ill buy them again if i can figure out how to make it work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is bugging the crap out of me. everyone is saying it can work can anybody give me instructions on how to make it work. This makes me mad because I paid a PRO to do the work on my car and they told me there was no way it would work so I sold them. But I guess thats my fault for not researching it more. Oh and I guess not everyone one who says they are a PRO really is. This is apparent by the money Ive had to spend to get work redone. END RANT. I hope someone can help.

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts