Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently you need BMR LCA's because my steedas are too wide at the bottom to fit through the BMR brackets...fml

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Are you sure? Which Steeda LCAs? I don't get it. The Steeda LCAs will fit on stock cars. The BMR will fit on stock cars. Right?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the outer bushing is a tad wider then the spacer...they won't fit

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nvm you have to slide it through the front...therefore you have to take the whole LCA off then put it back in...damnit hahaha i thought you could just undo the back then slide it up...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
naw i still had to grind a little off....bmr makes very nice parts but for some reason i have to do a tad of fabrication to install them on my car...lol oh well..they are on the top hole..The roush springs only lowered the vehicle an inch in the back and the top hole of the bmr bracket is 2 inches from the original...the lower hole would be overkill and the suspension would probably unload off launch

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
naw i still had to grind a little off....bmr makes very nice parts but for some reason i have to do a tad of fabrication to install them on my car
That is not right. All lower control arms are the same size regardless of manufacturer because they all have to fit the stock location in the car.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
..they are on the top hole..The roush springs only lowered the vehicle an inch in the back and the top hole of the bmr bracket is 2 inches from the original...the lower hole would be overkill and the suspension would probably unload off launch
I think the lower hole is the best for launching, but if you put the control arms too low you may run into some handling issues on the street, ie. snap oversteer in a hard turn.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
A lot of the relocation brackets need at-home fabrication... no idea why.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the top hole puts the LCA at even a better angle than before it was lowered...and i just got done doing a test drive and its SOO much better than it was before so...we shall see my next track visit..

·
Registered
414 Posts
yea the hole you have it in is a good hole for 99 percent of the time, if you really want at the track you can move it down.

i had the same problem with my brackets, i ended up being able to get it in somewhere and had to hammer it to get it in the hole

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My car has the FRPP hadling pack so it is lowered about 1.5". Would it be better to put it in the upper or lower hole? On the reloctaion bracket that is!:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Who has welded their brackets in? That's what most people I have talked to say to do. I'm not sure if I want to weld them in. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i welded mine in...ive seen pics of them failing...its not pretty

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
upper hole for normal usage (street)
lower hole if you are a freak (track)

:lmao
And if she's bent over your hood, is it the same.

Who has welded their brackets in? That's what most people I have talked to say to do. I'm not sure if I want to weld them in. Any thoughts?
Welding them is always going to be stronger. Do they need to be stronger? How hard do you drive your car?.............................................Exactly, so weld them.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
And if she's bent over your hood, is it the same.

Welding them is always going to be stronger. Do they need to be stronger? How hard do you drive your car?.............................................Exactly, so weld them.
Yea I know I need to weld them in!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ok I know i need to weld them in but would it be ok to install them today and weld them in next weekend? I would only be driving to work, no hard launches or anything.:confused:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Ok I know i need to weld them in but would it be ok to install them today and weld them in next weekend? I would only be driving to work, no hard launches or anything.:confused:
Yes you will be fine. Mine aren't welded yet either.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts