Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I installed my BMR springs and and Tokico D specs over the weekend. I took my time and ran into only a few minor complications. It took about 4 or 5 hours to do the struts because by the time I compressed them, i couldn't get the compressors off. After a few attempts we got it, ate dinner and headed to the rear. I gotta run to school but I'll post pics tonight of the drop and update friday when I finish everything

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
you obviously don't remember the video emay posted for us... Should only take about 20 minutes MAX per wheel. You don't need spring compressors. You jack the car up and put it on jack stands, then you take your jack and put it under the controll arm(somewhere around there) and push the strut and spring up. After that you unbolt the strut and then slowly let the jack down decompressing the spring. switch them out and then put it back together... did you put the rest of the bmr lowering kit in yet? want detail on how easy that is.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Show us them pics Piggy! Congrats on your self-install though. It is always a good feeling of self-accomplishment

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea Juco I couldn't find the video, but I wanted to be safer than sorry as I haven't done it before and enjoyed the time spent with my dad. As far as my install goes, I've only installed the Dspecs, front/back springs, Camber bolts. I have to do the BMR billet aluminum lower control arms and relocation brackets, BMR adj. upper control arm (that one is going to be the toughest), BMR adj. panhard rod, and BMR tubular subframe connectors(those need to be welded when I get my relocation brackets welded. Sorry no pics yet will do tonight around 9:30 PM est. I helped out a friend last night around 9PM to install an off road h pipe so I was exhausted. I promise I will post some tonight. The front looks good it could probably come down 1/4 inch more, but the back is perfect for me.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Show us them pics Piggy! Congrats on your self-install though. It is always a good feeling of self-accomplishment
haha yeah man, it's a lot more satisfying when you do the work. Though a friend of mine had a shop here quote him 200 for the install on dspecs, adj lower control arms, welding in the relocation brackets, adj panhard rod, camber bolts and springs

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don't mind the dirty car....or the dent :mad: i'll get it taken care of when i have everything else painted and installed. Also my driveway is slightly angled and the shots from the passenger side are more along the lines of how it looks on a flat surface

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes i do, i've been to two, i probably wont head to cap tree until it gets a little warmer again and i finish my cosmetic mods though. mostly because it's cold. I froze to death the past two times i went haha

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Joe, I'm on that forum as PiggySmallz also. I roll in with the queens/nyc crew. We meet Dimitri (Blue Steeda), BlackJack (Black Jack Roush), and Lou (Shelby GT) at the turn around before the tolls on the meadowbrook. I went january 6th and 13th.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i stopped postin on there, had a little altercation with some1 for makin fun of 2 pple in the queens/nyc crew... ill show up there again once its warmer..

what school u go to?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts