Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BumbleBee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'll just cut right to the chase, got the 11-14 adjustable upper control arm and mount and when I bolt the arm to the mount it binds up. It does not move freely at all. If I REALLY force it it will spin in the mount, but it's not spinning on the bushing, its spinning the aluminum sides of the bushing against the mount grinding metal on metal. Has anyone had this issue or am I missing something?

One would assume the bushing should rotate on the bolt smoothly hence the need for the grease fitting. Oh and it also seems like the mount is pulling in a bit. I'm starting to wonder if it's the wrong mount or arm they sent me, but it doesn't seem that way based on what I'm seeing. I was supposed to get this car back together tonight but now I'm praying it happens by Monday.

Toy Armour Breastplate Personal protective equipment Machine

·
Registered
6 Posts
It’s not really designed to spin. Most of the articulation takes place at the rear bushing. The main purpose is to control pinion angle, and prevent forward/rearward movement. Some movement obviously does take place at the forward bushing, but it should be minimal.

Make sure that you leave the center bolt, through the forward bushing lose until mounted onto the car fully, then tighten it after the instal, and the full weight of the car is on the wheels. This prevents binding preload.

Make sure you are using PTFE type grease on polyurethane bushings.

·
BumbleBee
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s not really designed to spin. Most of the articulation takes place at the rear bushing. The main purpose is to control pinion angle, and prevent forward/rearward movement. Some movement obviously does take place at the forward bushing, but it should be minimal.

Make sure that you leave the center bolt, through the forward bushing lose until mounted onto the car fully, then tighten it after the instal, and the full weight of the car is on the wheels. This prevents binding preload.

Make sure you are using PTFE type grease on polyurethane bushings.
Thanks. I figured it out. No thanks to BMR. Very disappointed in their support. Glad I didn't just slap it on like they told me to. Long long longgggg 3 week story short... I figured out on my own after a lack of any response from BMR on multiple e-mails, that they sent me the wrong instructions. I found the proper ones on their website which added 60 ft lbs more torque to the bolt and once I did that, it locked the bushing as it should and it all spun on the poly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts