Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 LX. There appears to be some damage done under the car its towards the front. This car was given to me for free by my uncle and I think this damage was caused my the car being jacked wrong. I know the pics aren't the best, but I was wondering if this is anything serious. Also, would it be something I could fix myself?

imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I assume you are talking about the damage on the pinch welds. Nothing serious at all, a jack was placed in the wrong spot. You can leave it or fix yourself. Take a rag and place it over the pinch weld, then grab it with a pair of vice gribs. You should be able to straighten it out. You may also be able to use a hammer and dolly. No big deal man. The undercarriage looks pretty clean. Just don't jack it up there again, use the subframe, rear end, etc.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You can straighten those flanges with a hammer and dolly.
As for the floor pans the look bent, the extent of the damage is hard to tell, particularly on the floor pans you need to be careful of rust, besides that as long as you can't feel that in the car with your feet its alright, as long its not rusting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't talking about the pinch welds, those are pretty much expected to bend like that at some point. Was talking about the bent floor pans. Was kinda worried if it would effect anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, the door and the front quarter panel on both sides I noticed aren't entirely lined up with each other.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Also, the door and the front quarter panel on both sides I noticed aren't entirely lined up with each other.
Fenders?
You need to adjust the doors properly, make sure they are opening and closing correctly, not "popping" when you open or close them or "sagging". After you adjust the doors adjust the fenders. You may need to replace the door pins.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fenders?
You need to adjust the doors properly, make sure they are opening and closing correctly, not "popping" when you open or close them or "sagging". After you adjust the doors adjust the fenders. You may need to replace the door pins.
yeah fenders i mean xD. anyway thanks for the response.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Wasn't talking about the pinch welds, those are pretty much expected to bend like that at some point. Was talking about the bent floor pans. Was kinda worried if it would effect anything.
I didn't see the pans. You could pull the carpet in the front and see how bad they pushed up. Use a block and hammer and set them back into place. The car looks clean so rust doesn't seem like it would be an issue. As long as the suspension wasn't damaged, it shouldn't be a problem or a big deal. Somebody probably put in on a lift wrong or something. It's hard to tell what is going on from the pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't see the pans. You could pull the carpet in the front and see how bad they pushed up. Use a block and hammer and set them back into place. The car looks clean so rust doesn't seem like it would be an issue. As long as the suspension wasn't damaged, it shouldn't be a problem or a big deal. Somebody probably put in on a lift wrong or something. It's hard to tell what is going on from the pics.
yeah i figured somewhere along the lines it was jacked or lifted wrong. Im not complaining though since the car was free haha. No suspension damage that ive noticed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts