Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there was a thread a little while back that had a bunch of body kit combo photo's posted but I think it was a cobra R front with wingless trunk thread. I know most people here don't really like body kits but I think they should be discussed.

I will post the Combos that I am thinking and would like your opinions as well as pics of body kit combos you guys like.

So here are the 2 combo's I am thinking about right now. Both combos will include this hood

And these sideskirts

Combo #1
Cobra R front bumper

Cervini's stalker rear bumper

Combo #2

V-speed front bumper w/ upper grill adapter (pictured without)

Saleen rear bumper

I'm kind of leaning towards combo #2 but I would need to see the bumper with the grill adapter in person before I could commit to purchasing it. I just think that the Cobra R bumper is a little bit too low. If it was just maybe an inch shorter I would love it.

Anyways I will be coupling all this with the Xenon side scoops and POSSIBLY rear louvers. and/ or POSSIBLY rain deflectors.

Oh and I'm completely undecided on the spoiler/ removal there of.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Number 2 but swap that bumper for the 99/01 cobra ... it will look sick imo
I agree 100%

I just want something different. The cobra bumper is a little to common for me. It does look sick though.

But it's just like I will not be putting any bullitt or cobra wheels on my car. they look great but EVERY mustang on the streets have them.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
deff. get rid of any lettering on the rear bumper. unless its the saleen :D
&&as for cobra bumpers...well, alot of people do the 03/04 and there is places that make a re-pop for real cheap but as for the 99/01's well...no re-pops and they cost $450 give-or-take for a new one. i had to search for a while until i found a GOOD price on a used one. i dont see them on anything much other than a 99/01

Reactions: norcalam2

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and does anyone know which version of the hood I listed has a better upper grill gap?

The image I posted doesn't line up with the upper grill area just inside the headlights at all.. I like the hood design but I would like one that meets up with the front bumper like the image of the cobra R bumper.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
I didn't even think about 99/01 front. I just lumped all cobra bumpers into the same over-done category.

Are there any differences in the length of the many Cobra R style bumpers??

im not sure about the length question but i'd be willing to bet they are all about the same. i *THINK* on the original Ford ones, the lower lip should come off...just like on the real Cobra R's.

&&if you look closely at the upper part of the bumper (above the lip) it appears to be veryyy similar to a 99/01 front :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.