Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2002 mustang GT and want to get rid of that infamous stock 4x4 look. To do this I was planning on either getting the saleen body kit or a nice set of lowering springs. With that being said I was wondering what you guys think, or if anyone has had to make this decision before? Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I say lowering springs. When lowering you will need cc plates and a frontend alignment but that would still be easier cheaper and faster than the body kit. You can find used springs and cc plates for a reasonable price plus you get better handling with the springs depending on which ones you choose versus buying body kit and getting it painted and installed. That's just my thinking. All you will accomplish with the body kit is appearence the springs help appearance and handling.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
just get the saleen kit, looks awesome on these. then just cut your springs?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
springs man! The body kit isnt gonna fix the 4x4 look really...cause the look comes from the huge gap between your tire and the top of your fender...with the body kit the gap will still be there. Lower the car cause it looks sexy when you do.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just remember lowering springs are not going to be friendly to your 60' times. There is actually a reason for the 4x4 look.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Springs. The body won't lower your car at all and really won't make it look lower if you ask me. Just get some lowering springs. What kind is up to you but I'm biased towards the h&r super sports bc they give the best drop out of most lowering springs in my opinion. Look into some aftermarket caster/camber plates as well. Any drop lower than 2inches should have these.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Screw all the alternatives and just save your money in the long run and invest in a set of coil overs. They won't hurt the launch like springs will if you go with a Strange or Lakewood drag strut/shock setup and they can go as low (or as high) as you want. One of the best decisions I have made for the GT.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Screw all the alternatives and just save your money in the long run and invest in a set of coil overs. They won't hurt the launch like springs will if you go with a Strange or Lakewood drag strut/shock setup and they can go as low (or as high) as you want. One of the best decisions I have made for the GT.
^This^
I'm working on saving for them as I type. Wish I would have saved my money then and I could have already had them.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I wish I wasn't so picky. Then I could just get the Eibach CO's. But no. I have to have the Bugatti's of everything....

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I thought you had a ton of issues with them? Just wandering cause I'm looking into doing the same soon and I remember all the threads you had and made me second guess doing it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts