Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if i can get some opinions from some fellow stang owners.

I have been working on my 2000 gt for the past couple of months and have also been saving for paint and body. My cars not bad but being almost ten years old it has the typical paint problems you would expect from a car that age,so I was thinking of adding the black widow bodykit with the cobra style front bumper.

I'm sure I will catch hell for even thinking about this but I really like this kit...I am going with a ureathane kit so my question is do you guys think there will be any major fitment problems from the ureathane kit? Also would ihave to fabricate any sort of mounting brackets or does it use the factory mounting locations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chas

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Not sure you may want to contact the manufacturer about that or just have your shop install the panels that you cant since they have to painted either way. Man that is a horrible looking kit but to each their own, if it was me id do a cobra front bumper, a nice hood, a cobra spoiler, paint it nice, lower it and leave it at that but thats just me. By the way welcome Chas to MM if you need any more help or questions just post some more we are here to help.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
for the most part, most aftermarket kit dont fit perfectly, so there will be some modifications required. like mentioned about you could call the company and ask

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i can tell you right now, that kit will not look good with the cobra front bumoer...

that kit is really boxy, adn the cobra bumper is very rounded...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i didnt mean to put it on with a cobra bumper i meant to not put it on at all and just put on cobra body parts instead

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys guys,I appreciate the opinions even if they are bad! Lol!
The kit I was talking about is the spider x9 with the cobra style front bumper,I would post pics but my Internet is down and I am having to do this from my iPhone.

I figured there would be some modifications to get it to fit right but my dads nephew does custom paint and body for a living....so I think he could handle this just fine!

I know most of y'all like the factory cobra bumper but that's just not for me.not saying it dosent look good it's just I like to be diffrent!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Thanks for the replys guys,I appreciate the opinions even if they are bad! Lol!
The kit I was talking about is the spider x9 with the cobra style front bumper,I would post pics but my Internet is down and I am having to do this from my iPhone.

I figured there would be some modifications to get it to fit right but my dads nephew does custom paint and body for a living....so I think he could handle this just fine!

I know most of y'all like the factory cobra bumper but that's just not for me.not saying it dosent look good it's just I like to be diffrent!

your dad's nephew? sooo your cousin? :eek:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Different isnt always good....This car one most "unique" at the show, but the judge also said that unique doesnt mean it looks good...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the roush kit but I do not like the idea of having to convert over to side exhaust...I like the saleen also but I have actually seen people who have put either one of those kits on and have gotten made fun of because it wasn't a real roush or saleen.

Of course if I went with the kit I have been talking about I'm sure I would get made fun of,sometimes you can't win for losing when it comes to customizing a car.

Case in point, I had a 2006 chevy silverado that had a 3/4drop on twenty inch wheels,roll pan,street scene sport mirriors and ss bumpercover,and a cowl hood. Believe it or not I had people call that truck rice!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I like the roush kit but I do not like the idea of having to convert over to side exhaust...I like the saleen also but I have actually seen people who have put either one of those kits on and have gotten made fun of because it wasn't a real roush or saleen.

Of course if I went with the kit I have been talking about I'm sure I would get made fun of,sometimes you can't win for losing when it comes to customizing a car.

Case in point, I had a 2006 chevy silverado that had a 3/4drop on twenty inch wheels,roll pan,street scene sport mirriors and ss bumpercover,and a cowl hood. Believe it or not I had people call that truck rice!

I would have just called it gay... :gay

And bro, if you don't want to get made fun of... you dont want that body kit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah maybe your right,I might just go with the roush stage three body kit along with a cervinis cobra r hood. Hell it can't be much more than the spider x9 kit and will have less problems fitting to boot.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yeah maybe your right,I might just go with the roush stage three body kit along with a cervinis cobra r hood. Hell it can't be much more than the spider x9 kit and will have less problems fitting to boot.

I'm sorry bro, i read my post before, and that was harsh.

But honestly, mustangs look like **** when you put rice body kits on them. They are muscle cars, not rice rockets. Trust the guys on this site when they tell you that a roush/saleen/cobra kit is the best looking kit for your mustang.

The last thing you want is to spend all this time on your car, customizing it to look cool and ending up with a piece of dog **** like this...

when you could have something dope like this :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Na it wasn't harsh....just the voice of reason that's all!

I got to thinking about it and after reading some posts about the spider kit and it's warping issues,it sounds like something I wouldn't want to deal with!

By the way that is a nice car you have! Very clean looking!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Dont limit yourself to one kit though.

My favorite car of all time is a mix of cobra front, bullit side scoops, 03 cobra rear, and mach 1 hood.

main / mods - Silver 1999 Coupe Mustang - chaoticdismay - gotstang.com

And if you dont want a roush side exhaust, then dont get it. You can mix and match all you want. Heres a nice torch red GT. It has 03 cobra front, Cervinis cowl hood, Saleen spoiler, Cobra side skirts and mirrors

Roush without side exhuast

One with a 03 cobra bumper and cervinis hood but with Steeda spoiler

1 - 20 of 30 Posts