Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has been feeling weird when I depress the clutch and if I press brakes real hard, I looked up under were the clutch and.pedal mech are and it appears I am missing a HUGE looking bolt that goes right in front of all the pedals aNd hold them tight against the car under the dash, one know what size that bolt is?? Feel like is pretty important!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think I know which bolt, does it hold the clutch pedal on the shaft? If so I think it's just a nut.

Just go to ace hardware, grab some nuts that look right. Usually like 40 cents each.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I know which bolt, does it hold the clutch pedal on the shaft? If so I think it's just a nut.

Just go to ace hardware, grab some nuts that look right. Usually like 40 cents each.
It's deff a bolt tho, it would be like on the underside of the dash just in front of the pedals

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's deff a bolt tho, it would be like on the underside of the dash just confront on the pedals

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
try looking for it at Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com you might get lucky and it tell you the bolt size.
That site has been extremely helpful for me in the past.

How big are we talking? Do you know if it's a fine or coarse thread? It could be an M8x1.5, M10x1.5, or all the way up to an M12. Not sure if those are right, just going off the top of my head from all the bolts I've used or replaced on the engine and in the enginebay. To put it in perspective, the timing cover studs are M8, and your crankbolt is an M12. Maybe that helps you.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
The bolt you're referring to secures the top side of the pedal box to the unibody...... I don't recall the size but it's fairly healthy and I believe a metric thread.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bolt you're referring to secures the top side of the pedal box to the unibody...... I don't recall the size but it's fairly healthy and I believe a metric thread.
Yes!! I believe that's it lol I just get as variety

1 - 9 of 9 Posts