Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know what bolt on 2v are running and also sixty ft and suspensions. no heads or cams. Just curious on what to expect once i am done with my bolt ons.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
depends on what bolt ons your talking about and how you drive. My car with full bolt ons, 5spd with 4.10s went 12.8s before weight reduction. now with weight reduction and a new trans i should be in the 12.2-12.3 area

·
Registered
145 Posts
depends on what bolt ons your talking about and how you drive. My car with full bolt ons, 5spd with 4.10s went 12.8s before weight reduction. now with weight reduction and a new trans i should be in the 12.2-12.3 area
Damn man thats a nice running car! Im just trying to get my stock 00 GT auto into the 13s lol

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
if you looking for advice on getting an auto to run good numbers, PM casper gt, he will tell you what needs to be done to run the numbers you want

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Suspension, tires and suspension. These guys are a lot faster than me.

Auto have an advantage: stall, transbrake, etc. If I were to get serious I would buy an automatic.

Ninja edit: Car not transmission. I'm not giving up my manual transmission on the street.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
agreed ive got 4.10's , intake , exhaust , tune , 18" rims on 295/35 nitto invo's and my issue is i hook but the car just sinks before taking off all that power (tho i don't have tons of it) is useless without some good suspension work!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
if your just looking for something in the 13's with a stock auto, do 4.10's, a handheld tuner & drag radials, thats it, 13.80's with those thru an auto at the average track.

get some a little weight out of it, minor bolt-ons, some susp. work, a 3800 converter, big & littles with drag radials & the proper tune, then you'll be in the 12's.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
They tell me the 18' wheels are too heavy. But, I'm not much to criticize. My fastest time are when I pretty much stalled the motor taking off. My all-season tires can't stand much more than an idle launch.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
i got 18" saleens they are heavy yes but i can do a 1800 - 2000 rpm launch on the nitto invo's on it and hook on the street which makes me feel good i prolly lost some time going from the 17" bullitts to the 18" saleens but damn does it look good!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Don't really ignore F8L because he is right but just know that without the driver mod all your other mods are worthless.

·
Registered
961 Posts
those are some crazy numbers for a bolt-on 2v. I guess my 02 gt was a turd, because i had full bolt ons, 4.10s, dyno tuned and decent tires and i still got my ass handed to me by LS-1 catfish's with just lid and exhaust.

·
Registered
601 Posts
F8L, what trap speeds were you running with those times?

·
Registered
775 Posts
For an auto at the track your really going to want to have a JMOD or a TRANS-GO shift kit along with a transmission cooler if your wanting to be getting serious into drag racing (starting off that is). Then adding in support such as a good set of tires, gears, lca's and a tune (just to name a few).

Edit: A SLP linelock is also good idea too. Lets you warm up the tires b4 the line w/o sacrificing your brakes. :)

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
F8L, what trap speeds were you running with those times?
the 12.8?? i would have to go out and look at my records. i know my 12.5 was a 107 trap

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
my 12.8 is a real world number that any good driver can do with a bolt on 5spd gt with 15" drag radials

left lane. my car is H934

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
my 12.8 is a real world number that any good driver can do with a bolt on 5spd gt with 15" drag radials

:drink

he's quite correct. just pay attention to the small stuff & these numbers can be attained by any bolt on new edge car.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
my car (5 speed) with just midpipe, catback, UD pullies, 4.10's, and DD bullits when 13.50 @ 102 with a 1.91 60'.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I went 12.91 with just an empty trunk and taking the passenger's seat out with lowering springs and Bisteins with most of the easy bolt-ons and gears, no longtubes, and no other weight reduction.

My car went [email protected] with almost full bolt-ons and a very soft 1.8 60ft time. The rear end is whining and clunking, so I didn't launch it hard at all. I still have the stock throttle body because I don't think the stock Bullitt throttle body is any restriction right now.

This is the car that I drive back and forth to work 60 miles round trip 4 days a week. I take the heavy leather seats out, lower the tire pressure on the drag radials, and drive it.

My 107.7mph with a good launch should be capable of 12.4's next time out with the rebuilt rear end that'll actually spin both tires. Maybe better if I put the Hoosiers back on it, and launch the piss out of it.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
+.0295 reaction time, nice. Very nice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts