Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and one of my buddies are goin to have a little fun, we are goin to do some digs to see how we do.

My mods: dyno tune, jlt cai, udp, 4:10, full exhaust, detroit rocker cams, 75 wet shot and drag radials, automatic

2010 camaro ss: tune, cai, full exhaust, cam, six-speed

Im goin to do a all motor run and a nitrous run how do yall guys think i will do?

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
not sure-you'll have to let us know! The spray will make it interesting. Does he have drag radials too?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has street tires

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
with drag radials and 4.10s im puttin my money on you but it will be really close. with spray youll win hands down

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
2007 Mustang GT coupe
Curb weight: 3575 lb

2011 Camaro SS
Curb weight: 3,860 lbs.

about a 300lb weight difference

·
Registered
666 Posts
He shouldnt be a problem stock for stock there not much quicker then our cars. Its the older camaros u gotta be worried about 99-02's.

·
I like when it's shiny.
1,768 Posts
I've played with a couple 2010+ Camaros. Both times at the track, both on street tires and both stock Camaros. I beat them both pretty easily and I'm not a very good drag race driver:) They would pull on me after 110 mph, I'm sure. With cams I think I could keep up until around 125-130 ish.

I played with a couple of the really ugly Camaros on the street. Not full racing just spirited driving. One had an obvious cam swap. The other had at least LT's. Both ****ed me up:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I was just cat back, tune, and cai I raced a stock Camaro from a roll several times and even though he won it wasn't bad. He didn't really start to pull until around 100 mph or so

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just saw he had a cam, honestly now it depends on the size of the cam he installed. LSX motors respond incredibly well to a cam swap. He might be close to 500 rwhp....

·
Registered
742 Posts
He shouldnt be a problem stock for stock there not much quicker then our cars. Its the older camaros u gotta be worried about 99-02's.
Not really... I ran against an 99 SS Camaro with drag radials against my street tires, steeda cai and tune, steeda shifter, and off road x... I beat him by 3 tenths... I was worried honestly but he ran a 14.2 for aome reason. Thats not the only LS1 ive ran and beat either

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
A cammed ls1 vs a bolt on s197 as much as i hate to say it the camaro takes the win. It diesnt take much to make those things fast

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
The nitrous is gonna be the key IMO. N/A vs N/A he'll get you, no doubt about that.

As mentioned, LSX respond great to mods, especially cams. Do you have a tune for nitrous? I hope so...

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
ive walked a few of them here. dont know if they were modded or not but im definately curious on the outcome

1 - 20 of 27 Posts