Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ight well i am starting to get into the expensive parts for my car now that i have most of the cheap bolt ons. but just wondering are there any other bolton's i can get? what do you have when you are considered to have full bolton's? i plan on doing a split port swap over the summer but if there are any more bolt on's i can get i would like to know what they are? i would also like to get nitrouse soon.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Things that I don’t see in your sig

Gears and t-lock
Aluminum drive shaft
Shift kit/ j-mod or short throw shifter ( depending if you are stick or auto)
Aluminum fly wheel or tq converter (again depending on tranny type)
Upgraded coil pack
A tune (may want to wait till after the split port swap)

Some suspension stuff
Upper control arms
Lower control arms
Springs
Sub frame connecters

Weight reduction
Rear seat delete
Relocate the battery
a/c delete

for better track times slicks and skinies

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do the crown vics that the cops use have aluminum drive shafts in them and would they fit my car?

and im going to do a rear seat delete when school lets out. and would like to get slicks when i start going to the track.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
do the crown vics that the cops use have aluminum drive shafts in them and would they fit my car?

and im going to do a rear seat delete when scholl lets out. and would like to get slicks when i start going to the track.
you would haveto ask juggs i dk if they all have it of just a few and i also am not pisitive they will fit your car i think the will but im not 100%

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought i heard that they would but i figured i would ask on here before i went and got one:)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
all police package Fords have the aluminum drive shaft, not sure if it will fit though, and I would do some steeda drag springs and slicks that will really help you hook, especially when you put spray in

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
another thing i just thought of is when you get your split port spend the little extra $ and get some P&P work also since you alredy have a nice cowl hood get a windstar upper and you will see some nice gains.
that will your other bolt-ons and a nice tune should put you in the 200rwhp range

·
Registered
165 Posts
Roller Rockers might help 1.73:1 or 1.8:1

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I guess RR's are bolt-ons now :dunno

You're pretty much there.. I wouldn't say a drive shaft is a bolt-on, but it might help.. a tiny bit.

Gears and T-lok aren't much of a bolt-on but, that would be my next choice.. but if your gonna try to go big just skip to a 8.8

·
Registered
300 Posts
bolt on a supercharger!!!

+1 that's more of a bolt-on than anything else said here, and it will show you big gains =]

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
uhh my super charger was a total bolt on(just took me 3 days because i didnt know wtf i was doing), besides cutting a piece off my radiator fan. I think the aluminum drive shaft is a good mod though. Sorta, takes some getting used to because you have to shift WAAY sooner

·
Registered
154 Posts
wouldn't a tb be a bolt on also. not a huge gain in power from it but still some.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
wouldn't a tb be a bolt on also. not a huge gain in power from it but still some.
not unless you port your intakes to match, just Port and polish and half shaft the stock one

·
Registered
300 Posts
uhh my super charger was a total bolt on(just took me 3 days because i didnt know wtf i was doing), besides cutting a piece off my radiator fan. I think the aluminum drive shaft is a good mod though. Sorta, takes some getting used to because you have to shift WAAY sooner
Your intercooler is the hard part =[ still IDK about the drive shaft.. it will give you maybe like a .02 in a 1/4 lol I mean correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
154 Posts
not unless you port your intakes to match, just Port and polish and half shaft the stock one
how large can you p&p the stock one. just wondering since you can buy up 70 mm

/sorry for thread jacking

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Your intercooler is the hard part =[ still IDK about the drive shaft.. it will give you maybe like a .02 in a 1/4 lol I mean correct me if I am wrong.
its a lot faster accelerating combined with gears you can see over a second off your time

how large can you p&p the stock one. just wondering since you can buy up 70 mm

/sorry for thread jacking
you can port to match your intakes, that about as big as you wanna go, if you get a 70mm TB you wanna port your intakes to a 70mm opening so they can allow all the air in

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
I guess RR's are bolt-ons now :dunno

You're pretty much there.. I wouldn't say a drive shaft is a bolt-on, but it might help.. a tiny bit.

Gears and T-lok aren't much of a bolt-on but, that would be my next choice.. but if your gonna try to go big just skip to a 8.8
imo a bolt on is any fairly simple mod that doesn't require you to start tarring in to your engine. not something that latterly means you can just bolt it on because then RR would count and so would heads, intake, ect.

the only thins that are maybe above the meads of most people are the gears and t-lock and the a/c delete

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
imo a bolt on is any fairly simple mod that doesn't require you to start tarring in to your engine. not something that latterly means you can just bolt it on because then RR would count and so would heads, intake, ect.

the only thins that are maybe above the meads of most people are the gears and t-lock and the a/c delete
a/c delete isnt hard at all

1 - 20 of 47 Posts