Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my 351w in my 65. Long story short I was out at like 4am looking for a drunk friend on the highway. Took out the mustang because I didn't have my truck at the time. She started to knock, so I pulled over. I check the coolant altho the engine wasn't reading warm, and checked the oil. I let her cool off for about 20 mins out in the middle of no where and started it back up. The knocking came right back and I didn't have a way to get it back to town besides drive it so I did. Once the engine got to a higher RPM the knocking seemed to fade. Then all at once I heard a huge BOOM, it started to shake and the car filled with smoke. I just thought you all would enjoy the pic. The engine had over 200k on it when it got dropped into the mustang 2 years ago. I just thought I'd drive it until she broke down, but she never did until now. Altho now isn't the best time for it since I am laid off... I am tearing down now little by little and what I am hoping for is new ( junkyard ) oil pan, new piston and rod for that cylinder. Trying to just get it running again until I get another job and then do a proper rebuild on it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
buddy of mine bought a supra with a engine knock, couldnt even turn the car over with the spark plugs in, dumped some oil in it and droped the car at about 30 with the spark plugs out and let it break everything loose, put the plugs in and started it up, had a pretty good knock to it so we got about a mile down the road and just redline the **** out of till it went boom :) sorry to hear your story tho

·
Registered
343 Posts
if you tear it down you might as well do all the rods/pistons if you just fix that cylinder the others are likely to do the same with that mileage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts