Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i put those on my bullitt do u think i will lose some hp?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i LOST .1 with pypes deletes...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you may lose a little tq.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
if you want some numbers, before i got the whipple, i had the same mods but w/ JLT CAI and a canned 91 tune and i had 301 rwhp/305 tq, i think i could've got a little more w/ a custom tune.

but i really like the sound of them, so if i sacrificed a few lbs/ft of tq then thats ok w/ me!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah the whipple:) and ya i could probably get more with a custom tune but i'm not gonna get another cai cause i'm looking at a whipple myself

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
so if you are going FI soon, the small drop of a few tq digits is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i think these motors like straight through mufflers.. imho

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would it also sound well with the off road prochamber?

·
Registered
870 Posts
its the same as slp and stuff. I would go to a muffler shop have them duplicate the elbow that goes onto the muffler and have them make a straight pipe axle back. 3 of my friends have done that here at a local muffler shop. 150 bucks including 4" tips and they sound exactly the same as boom tubes and slps.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Boom tubes sound alittle different then straight pipes like SLP, they have alittle insulation to change the sound some. I think anything sounds good with the prochamber and you may loose alittle tq, but you'll hardly notice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill be to happy about the sound to wry about the trq

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
IMO the boomtubes have a better sound than straight pipe, they have a baffle inside that smooths out the rough edge a bit, i dont think its quite as loud as LM or straight pipe but has a low rumble, more refined, and the 4" stainless pipe looks good too.

heres a couple pics, you can see the baffles inside

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i see those looks cool and those tips look better than straight pipes

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
We have four sets left in stock. Only $289.99 shipped to your door. Cheapest price out there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
does the prochamber add power or is it just sound?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts