Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who here is running what? I think a boost a pump is about $250 and the gt500 is $800. Is the boost a pump safe at 10psi and 450 rwhp? Thanks for any help guys and your experiences would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
So who here is running what? I think a boost a pump is about $250 and the gt500 is $800. Is the boost a pump safe at 10psi and 450 rwhp? Thanks for any help guys and your experiences would be great.
It is absolutely safe.

I run a BAP. Kenne Bell says a BAP is good up to the same horsepower rating as GT500 pumps without a BAP: 600 HP.

Here is the source document. KB has tested it. People bash the BAP because they know nothing about it. I would set it up so the BAP runs full time instead of running via the pressure activated switch.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/05_3VgtTechTips.pdf

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
You can get the GT500 fuel kit for $621 from Tousley Ford

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
My bad. Didn't know you had already posted a price

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
BAP FTW...oh wait I run the FRPP GT500 fuel pumps.....I got ripped off by Rich on them

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I run the BAP with 545 rwhp... well I should say I did run it... hey I will sell you mine if you want... I had meth injection that ****ed up and I spun another rod bearing due to a vapor lock.. I am going with the GT500 pumps because I intend to be over 650 with a 100 wet shot.. give you a good deal on it an help me with the cost of my pumps... never had an issue with the bap setup.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I run the BAP with 545 rwhp... well I should say I did run it... hey I will sell you mine if you want... I had meth injection that ****ed up and I spun another rod bearing due to a vapor lock.. I am going with the GT500 pumps because I intend to be over 650 with a 100 wet shot.. give you a good deal on it an help me with the cost of my pumps... never had an issue with the bap setup.
/thread

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
did I break a rule or something 07?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
did I break a rule or something 07?
Im just messing with you.

Personally, I wouldnt get a blower and then get a BAP. Its a band aid. All you are doing is working your stock fuel pump harder all the time right? Realizing that its setup to work at 40% capacity I think? I guess the argument is that there is plenty of room. But why does ford set it up to only work at 40%. And why just make the pump work harder all the time.

Just a personal opinoin of mine really. I could be wrong as its not really a issue for me so i have not thought about it a great deal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It all depends on your ultimate power goals. I have had no issues using a KB BAP with my current set-up with 462rwhp but I'm switching to a GT500 dual fuel pump with a dual BAP for my upcoming plans

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Im just messing with you.

Personally, I wouldnt get a blower and then get a BAP. Its a band aid. All you are doing is working your stock fuel pump harder all the time right? Realizing that its setup to work at 40% capacity I think? I guess the argument is that there is plenty of room. But why does ford set it up to only work at 40%. And why just make the pump work harder all the time.

Just a personal opinoin of mine really. I could be wrong as its not really a issue for me so i have thought about it a great deal.
Go to KB and read about the BAP. It really is cool. I don't really see it as a bandaid - they are simply optimizing what the GT pump is already fully capable of, but can't do due to fluctuating low voltage without the BAP.

The reason Ford sets it up that way is cost. It would take a lot of wire (or a dedicated voltage regulator like KB supplies) to make the pump run more efficiently...Ford has it set up so it runs on whatever voltage the vehicle is producing. With the BAP, you get full optimum voltage to the pump all the time regardless of battery voltage...but the duty cycle of the pump is actually LESS.

So you are getting MORE fuel with LESS duty cycle with the BAP vs. without.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/BAPtheory_kens.pdf

When would I add GT500 pumps? When I start getting into the high fives RWHP then I would add GT500 pumps AND a KB dual BAP so I don't run out of headroom.

Remember, a GT pump with a BAP flows as much fuel as a pair of GT500 pumps without.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
It all depends on your ultimate power goals. I have had no issues using a KB BAP with my current set-up with 462rwhp but I'm switching to a GT500 dual fuel pump with a dual BAP for my upcoming plans
Bingo. My thoughts exactly.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts