Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a kenne bell boost a pump. I found a guy that is selling a 20 amp pump but it doesnt have the switch to change voltage. What does the boost a pump do without it. Is the switch something i should get or would I be fine without it. does it just go on or off and nothing in between or what exactly does the switch do?

·
Registered
468 Posts
boost a pump makes my butt cheeks squeeze together

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha. if i go with nos i will bolw up my engine. It already runs lean. thats why I am buying a BAP

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
go with nos
lol..... big boys are speaking... lol j/k man... back on topic.. if you feel like doin some trial and error i dont see why you cant just deal without the switch and have it bap-ing all the time. lol. hook it into the same power wire that hooks to the pump.. it comes on when the pump comes on

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does it just come on durring WOT? workinprogress does it take a lot more fuel?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
from what i understand yes...i am na so i dont need it but i am friends with a guy that has a 3.4 whipple cobra and he has the kb boost-a-pump and it turned his gas mileage to ****

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well mine is already ****. i get 12.5 average mpg for city and highway so I dont know how bad it will be with this. does anyone know if it just turns on at WOT or when does it come on?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Limited so you think I should buy this used BAP instead of paying 250 from kenne bell. Also how is your gas mialage after you got the BAP?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I have bypassed the hobbs switch, and mine is turned up all the way. Its before the fpdm so if its to much voltage the computer sends less voltage to the fpdm which allows the computer to control the bap, It can use none or the full potentail depending on what in needs.

You need the 40amp the 20 amp is for NA

·
Registered
575 Posts
the 20 amp will work fine on a supercharged engine depending on how much help you are needing. I run a 20 amp wired so its on all the time. a boost a pump alone is not going to make your car burn more gas. it just assist the pump and getting the gas where it needs to go. its not causing your car to burn more gas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts