Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still curious if anyone knows what kinda power these put to the ground straight up. The turbo kit with MAF and Injectors? Is the kit install and go? Will it require a tune?

·
Registered
519 Posts
with any addition of boost you would want to have a tune. why spend that kind of money to maybe run lean and blow your motor

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Still curious if anyone knows what kinda power these put to the ground straight up. The turbo kit with MAF and Injectors? Is the kit install and go? Will it require a tune?
wow......

ok no noone knows what your car has for horsepower every car is different even with same mods.. stock around 215 rwhp

what turbo kit are you looking at?

no turbo kit is install and go. maybe install and blow!

boost is a tricky beast and needs lots of planning and tuneing to be right and safe.$$$$$$$$ is the key

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
No turbo kit is simply bolt on... I've touched two different kits on the same car and both required some extra fab work. The one that's currently on my car is a mixture of two cartek kits because the straight sleeper kit's fit was horrible I used some parts from the renegade kit and still had to fab **** up and take care of fitment issues with other parts interfering with installation. Don't chalk a turbo kit install up to a simple step by step 2 hour job is what im saying and you have to have supporting mods that go along with the "kit" or else you'll have a paper weight of a motor in no time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks guys. I'll probably opt to do that further down and do suspension work and mild motor work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts