Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to get 4.10's since im upgrading to 31 spline rear in my auto. 01gt. gonna be back their anyway. dont know if turbo or supercharged will be better with 4.10's or not? or just leave the stock gears when boosted? help me out guys?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
4.10s can be bit much with boost. Most will recommend you go with 3.73s with boost.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
4.10's with a supercharger. Leave stock gears if going turbo.

·
Registered
634 Posts
go with 3:73's. I'm boosted with 4:10's and thinking about swapping down; 1st gear is almost useless, and at the end of the quarter I'm pushing past 6k rpm in 4th at the trap.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I dunno my superchargered GT does damn good with the 3.73s. 1st is practically useless as it is.
Exactly with the wrong tires and 3.73s 2nd gear can be halfway useless too in a blown setup. 4.10s would make that worse. Thats why many say 3.55s or 3.73s for turbo, or supercharger set ups and 4.10s for n/a setup.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
go with 3:73's. I'm boosted with 4:10's and thinking about swapping down; 1st gear is almost useless, and at the end of the quarter I'm pushing past 6k rpm in 4th at the trap.
There are a Few ppl on this forum that have said the same thing. Blown and they have 4.10s and they plan on going down to 3.73s or 3.55s. I just couldnt find the old posting of them stating that.

·
8,720 Posts
Exactly with the wrong tires and 3.73s 2nd gear can be halfway useless too in a blown setup. 4.10s would make that worse. Thats why many say 3.55s or 3.73s for turbo, or supercharger set ups and 4.10s for n/a setup.
I do loose grip in 2nd sometimes above 4 grand. My suspension is stock too but my tires are decent, 285 Nitto 555s. I know it can be better I also know its MOVES!!! with 3.73s

·
Punching Throats
1,246 Posts
3.55's will give you a good pull and alot more top end. 3.55's will keep your rpm's alost damn near the same as the 3.27's that come stock.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
My setup: 4.10s, stick, vortech, 400+ rwhp, 28" drag radials. I think it works really well on the street and the strip. Yes, in 1st gear (2nd and 3rd for that matter LOL) you better be pointed straight ahead when you mash the gas pedal. Drag radials are a must for me now, I have to say.

I don't care about top speed on the highway, BTW.

I've got plenty of room at the top of 4th on the strip right now as it stands (forget about staying under our stock redline though).

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would say 3.73s regardless if its auto or manual with a centri. 4.10's is to much. Its not as fun as the 3.73's. with these I can acually feel the car pull without having to shift 2 seconds later.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
4:10s with a centri auto would great if you can hook.

3:73s or 3:55's for turbo. 3:73's if you go to the track more and 3:55s if you are a street car.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for those saying 4.10's are too much with a supercharger, is this due to it being because of traction? or aggressive cause of dd'n? this is my 2nd car and dont care if its aggressive for daily drivn if they will help with boost and cut my 1/4 time?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
its not to much at all. with suspension and tires it will rip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
4.10's and 9psi here on a daily driver. No complaints. I drive the car in 6" of snow in the winter. If you're 100% sure that you're getting boost, then do the 3.73's. The 3.73's give you a little bit more rpm room. 3.73's vs. 4.10's isn't going to make that big of a difference in how fast the car is once you add a supercharger. I'm not spending the money to step down, but if I knew for sure 3 years ago that I would be supercharged, I would've gone with 3.73's. I've heard of some cars actually going faster when stepping down from 4.10 to 3.73. It also depends on what supercharger you would get. A centri will be fine with 4.10's. It will be too much for a positive displacement like a KB. With a turbo keep it to 3.73's max. If you're shooting for 375rwhp + stick with 3.73.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
for those saying 4.10's are too much with a supercharger, is this due to it being because of traction? or aggressive cause of dd'n? this is my 2nd car and dont care if its aggressive for daily drivn if they will help with boost and cut my 1/4 time?
There are ppl that have 4.10s and 4.30s that are blown and are planning on going down to 3.73s or 3.55s and "blownstang just said he already had 4.10s and if he could go back he would have put in 3.73s. Partly due to my tires even with 3.73s traction is a Major issue at the track. People wanting to get rid of the taller gear and people advising you 3.73s or 3.55s should say it all to you. 3.55s or 3.73s blown 4.10s or 4.30s n/a.

·
8,720 Posts
With a manual and boost your run through the gears real fast with 4.10s. Part of the enjoyment of stick is slamin through the gears but they are really short, most would ssay too short with 4.10s. Everyone is different but for the majority 3.73s are best. If you want traction on the street stick 3.73s. If your not fast enough you can always add some boost.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Be careful with adding boost to a stock motor. Don't want to push it over 10psi.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts