Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil pressure reads about 80 when its cold then when it warms up i see at about 30 at idle. The fuel pressure is about 30-35psi at idle and goes up to around 45 at 3k rpm and around 60 i think around full load (havnt gotten on it enough to look at this number much just got the gauges and new clutch installed) and the boost goes to 7psi same as when i had it tuned. But the vacum under idle is -12 i was thinking it should be lower around -20 but i could be wrong. The car is superhcarged with a vortech supercharger dyno'd in at 396hp/386torq.

Also when im driving i notice the vacum will go up towards boost but then once i quit hittin the gas and keeping the pedal where its at the vacum goes back to -12 even though ill be at like lets say 3k rpm if that makes any sence. In other words the boost gauge goes into the positives if i put the foot to the floor ill hit 7psi but if im not pedal to the floor its will go back down to -12.

Does all this seem normal? Im thinkin i have a vacum leak somewhere. Also all the gauges are electronic digital boost gauges from innovate and glowshift.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Oil pressure seems normal. It's always higher when cold than hot. You should see it move up to around 40 psi with higher rpms.

Your vacuum boost gauge is mostly normal. Mine reads 18 in.hg. at idle. Try tapping on the gauge to see if it sticks. Mine does sometimes. We control our motors by starving them of fuel and air. Unless you open up the throttle your motor will be operating with a vacuum regardless of how high your rpms are. You supercharger is alway generating boost but with the throttle mostly closed it going out the by-pass valve instead of into the engine.

Your fuel gauge appears to be normal. It should read 30 psi at idle at the fuel rails. You computer adjusts the fuel pressure so that the differential across the injectors is 40 psi. When the engine is in vacuum the injectors do not need as much pressure. When in boost they need more. To determine the fuel pressure at the fuel rails a rough calculation is to either divide vacuum by 2 and subtract from 40 or add boost to 40. For example, at idle with 18 in.hg. 40 - (18/2) =31 psi fuel pressure at the fuel rails. I have 9 lbs of boost at 6000 rpms. 40 + 9 = 49 psi at the fuel rails. The only time the fuel pressure gauge will read 40 psi is at 0 vacuum and 0 boost. You can check this by turning on the ignition without starting the car.

If your fuel pressure is 40 psi with the motor off, your vacuum gauge is 12 at idle 40 - (12/2) = 34 psi, your fuel gauge is around 34 psi at idle and the engine runs rough then you might have a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i just checked it and the fuel pressure is exactly 34 psi and -12 the engine doesnt run rough at all it runs very very well. Only problem i have with the engine is when im moving and i throw it in neutral the rpms stay at around 1100 rpm while im rolling and then when i come to a complete stop it will go down to normal rpm around 7-800 rpm. Ive never understood why the car does that its been doing it since ive owned the car.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You shouldnt throw it in neutral when your moving, its not good for the transmission, I forget what part it is, but if your going like 30mph and put it in neutral, you wear it out.

Everything else seems about normal I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um i dont understand what you mean by me throwing it in neutral would be bad for the car seeing as how i throw it in neutral everytime i switch gears?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Why do you put in neutral? Like if your foot is on the clutch, then that's different. Because the clutch is disengaged. But if your throwing it in neutral while going 35 moh then that's not a good idea

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The car will stay in high idle until the wheels stop turning then drop down. That's normal.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Honesty I have no ****ing clue what your saying. You sound like a moron.

Heres what you said

"Only problem i have with the engine is when im moving and i throw it in neutral the rpms stay at around 1100 rpm while im rolling "

From that sentence, it looks like your driving say 30-35mph and throwing it in neutral. If thats not what your doing, then explain yourself better.

I never said anything about clutchless shifting, technically if your in 3rd gear, and put your foot on the clutch, the transmission is disengaged, so your not in any gear.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
LOL from his discription I was thinking he had an auto.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if you read the post it said i just installed a CLUTCH not a torq converter. Also 03gt you specifically made it sound like i was putting the car in neutral without pushing the clutch in.

you said

"From that sentence, it looks like your driving say 30-35mph and throwing it in neutral. If thats not what your doing, then explain yourself better. "

Thats exactly what im doing your just manipulating it to make urself feel smarter?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Im copying this out of your 2nd post

""Only problem i have with the engine is when im moving and i throw it in neutral the rpms stay at around 1100 rpm while im rolling "

Okay? Cumshot

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Anyways, your vacuum and all that bs sounds good. And your oil pressure, its going to be more oil pressure when cold. So dont worry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts