Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, im wanting to take the plunge....i want boost on the bullitt. Gonna be stock block, so it has to be safe. I was maybe wanting a KB supercharger. But maybe a procharger would be better for my application. What should i know? things to consider? car will be driven a lot, but not my daily driver.

Thanks guys and gals :)

Pogo

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
What is your budget? Will it mainly be a street toy or do you plan on hitting the track sometimes?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
budget is up in the air. id like to stay at a reasonable price range. It will just be a street toy.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Vortech,procharger, or Paxton

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Reasonable price range? What does that mean? Give us something to work with.

A KB would be sweet. What about the on3 turbo kit? Used centri? Idk. What do you like more? Up top horsepower? Low end torque?

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Alot of things to consider as Shaun suggested are you looking for upper or lower Torque? both will be just as fast just in a different manner.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reasonable as in i dont wanna spend 4g's on a new kit. id like the low end power. i know i dont want a turbo. A used kit would be fine. ive looked around at new ones on KB's website and others. id like to find a used kit..but will get new if i have no option.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Kb or turbo for torque

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Not going to get low end from a centri

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I have a T-Trim Vortech, but I would recommend a KB just for the fun factor and instant torque...

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Under $4000? Used centri is the only way then. Centris have good low end, you compare it to a PD blower obviously it doesn't, but it'll still pull good in lower rpms.

When your getting on your car are you going WOT from 2000rpm to 3500rpm? No. Going from 2500 to 6000rpm then shifts will put you around 4500rpm right in the fat spot. PD blowers are over rated sometimes

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Got my prochager for 1500 bucks and no problems at all. I really think u will like a centri, they are not so pricey and can be had for a decent price if u wait bang be patient

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Under $4000? Used centri is the only way then.
This is not always true. I got my kb 2.2 for $1500 and it had zero miles on it and basically new. You can get good low end from a centri but you need more boost to do so

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Shaun03GT;4900298 said:
Under $4000? Used centri is the only way then. Centris have good low end, you compare it to a PD blower obviously it doesn't, but it'll still pull good in lower rpms.

When your getting on your car are you going WOT from 2000rpm to 3500rpm? No. Going from 2500 to 6000rpm then shifts will put you around 4500rpm right in the fat spot. PD blowers are over rated sometimes
Spot on! Hell I paid $2500 for my brand new complete centri kit i just happen to find a deal on CL. OP for that price range look into the used centri kits that's why I asked you the pricerange last night but you gave me sort of a broad answer! 4gs kinda narrows it down a bit though bc if you are not doing the install yourself you may have to factor in that cost + the tune also.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts