Modded Mustang Forums banner

Boost loss with Inercooler

959 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  T-Lee. 30 
#1 ·
I'll be running a vortech V-3 through a CXracing intercooler (31x11x3) and I'm looking to stay around 9-10lbs... What pulley should I go with since I know I'll loose a little with the intercooler?

#2 ·
Do you have a powerpipe? If no I would say a 3.12.

Edit - The V3 is the most efficient between that the V1 and V2, so maybe a 3.33.

#4 ·
Vortech intakes do flow like ****. Vortech people usually pick up like 2psi with them. Some 1, some none, some 3. Its always different. With Procharger, their intakes flow good, so a lot of people dont bother with them.

With a powerpipe on a V3 with intercooler trying to hit 10psi, I would definaltley thing 3.33 would be good.

#5 ·
it can be heard to tell with those type of intercoolers. You may have to test different pulleys. Intercoolers have a thing called pressure drop. You will have some but you dont want a lot.

#6 ·
I did order a Steeda Powerpipe knowing it picked up somewhere between 1-3 PSI... However,I'm trying to avoid the whole tune with stock V-3 Pulley only to see it's sitting at 7-8psi, when I can do it right the first time and shoot for 10.

#8 ·
I would have made a home made power pipe. I think they sell for like $250. Crazy, but they look good.

OP, what pulley are you running now? 3.6? If so, I would get a 3.33

#10 ·
I haven't even been able to get home and check. I ordered it while I was in Afghanistan. just bought the whole kit. Then started buying supporting stuff such as the I/C and so on. Also bought cams, and valve springs, which I'll do right before I bolt everything else on. So to answer your puley question (3.6 or 3.3)... I have no ****ing clue. Haven't seen any of the parts yet.

#11 ·
3.33 and powerpipe should do the trick. A local guy made 12.5psi with a non-intercooled V3 Si with 3.33 and powerpipe. You'll loose about 2 psi through the intercooler and probably another 1psi after a month or so when the belt stretches a little.

#12 ·
Lol, Well with the V3, intercooler, powerpipe and cams, I would say a 3.33 and 108" belt will be fine for your setup. I think youll make about 9-11psi

Reactions: 03OFP
#15 ·
They do pay when you're deployed getting BAS, separation pay, hazard duty pay, and all pay is tax free.

#17 ·
Oh ok I gotcha I was active i know nothing about the whole reserve thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.