Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive got a 01 Vortech GT making 10psi on stock internals right now with the 9.4to1 comp ratio. I was thinking about going with the probe industries forged rotating assembly with flat top pistons. which will raise my CR to 10.57to1. All i need to know is if this would be safe with only 10psi.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Yes if you keep the timing out of it. I would run e85 or meth so you can run more boost and timing

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i would try to stick to more stock compression ratio personally. you can make plenty of power with a stock compression and a blower.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a -10cc dish is a 10.57:1 CR and flat top is much more.
do it man. I am going with that CR for my turbo short block next Spring. With E85 or meth your good to go!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ehh. but its my daily driver. So maybe i should go with like a 15cc or something.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
for a race fuel/e85 car that high a compression ratio would be ok, i just wouldn't do that with a dd car. maybe just my .02c, but it'd be easy to detonate on the street if you got cheapo fuel.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
-17 cc is stock, common is -18cc's but i would run -14cc's if you plan on only running 10#. it will bring out the low end tq and bring out more power than -17cc pistons

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
it will help over the entire rpms range, off boost throttle response, ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts