Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size pullies are you boosted guys running? I am looking to step down to a 3.3 and want to get an idea of how much boost I will be at.

Include what blower and exhaust set up too please.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Eaton w/2.93 upper w/7.50 Crank Pulley Makes 8-9 Psi.
Stock Manifolds, Mac Pro Chamber, Custom 2.5 Cat back with Dynomax Race Bullets.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
P1sc Procharger/3 core intercooled with a 3.6 pulley HOPING for 10psi
Stock Manifolds, O/R Mac Prochamber, SLP LM1

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
p1sc with 3.2 pulley.... 10 pounds but...

before my cams, long tubes, tb/plenum i was at 10 pounds with the 3.60 pulley. Boost is just restriction. depends on supporting mods on how well air is flowing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Eaton w/2.93 upper w/7.50 Crank Pulley Makes 8-9 Psi.
Stock Manifolds, Mac Pro Chamber, Custom 2.5 Cat back with Dynomax Race Bullets.
Whats your RWHP with 8-9psi? Intercooled I assume.

I'm putting down a measly 302/315 @ 6.5lbs intercooled 2.80 upper, 6.75" lower. Will try 10-15 after I get alky kit installed.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to measure my pulley size, I really want to get 10 psi or so, and I don't know what size pulley to go with.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what is your setup?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Hey ryan my car makes 10lbs at redline, it has stock manifolds, bbk x pipe and magnaflow cat back, its a 3.45 pulley, procharger. It makes 12lbs at 6250, This was before the cams, its actually at the dyno now, get it back tomorrow

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
so intercooled?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I would call Paxton and tell them your setup and see what they say.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
8.9 lbs at 6000 rpm with a ProCharger P-1SC with 3.7" pulley and stock exhaust. 8.9 lbs with exactly the same set up with BBK LTs and catted x-pipe instead of stock exhaust. The restriction is still there and I saw no increase in horsepower when the LTs were installed. ProCharger told me that you gain approximately 1 lb of pressure for every 1/10th of an inch smaller pulley. (Note: The ProCharger system comes with an intercooler.)

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Thats crazy cause bandit saw 10psi with a 3.45 and you saw CLOSE to that with 3.7. I am really curious how my 3.6 will perform!

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Novi 2000 with a 3.2" pulley and AFM power pipe @ 14psi.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Thats crazy cause bandit saw 10psi with a 3.45 and you saw CLOSE to that with 3.7. I am really curious how my 3.6 will perform!
All motors are a little different and Bandit is running an o/r mid-pipe. The increased flow through the motor increases rwhp but it lowers the back pressure on the blower reducing boost as measured in psi. His supercharger is pushing more air through the motor but there is less restriction. I put on LTs and a catted x-pipe. My boost should have dropped but it didn't. The restriction is still there. It's probably the catted x-pipe.

Edit: He was also at 5800 rpms and mine was measured at 6000. He's probably 11 psi at 6000. If you round my to 9 psi reducing the pulley size to 3.5" should put my boost at 11 psi. His pulley is only slight smaller so that really isn't that much difference considering he's running an o/r mid-pipe and I have a catted mid-pipe.

Second Edit: I'm curious as the difference his cams will make.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Bandit is running blower cams and an o/r mid-pipe. The increased flow through the motor increases rwhp but it lowers the back pressure on the blower reducing boost as measured in psi. His supercharger is pushing more air through the motor but there is less restriction.
he was running the 4.45 before the cams.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
3.45**

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
he was running the 4.45 before the cams.
I realized that and was fixing my comment while you posted. I was a little too slow on the fix. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts