Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just detailed my engine bay "before and after pics"

anyway im looking for someone that has fabricated there own piping to relocate the airfilter to the fender well, is this pretty easily done with a trip to lowes and $20 or should i just buy a cai kit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which do you guys preffer for airfilter piping plastic or some type of metal, basically im asking which keeps the air cooler from engine heat, or does it not matter.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
plastic IMO.

here is the break down.

plastic takes longer to heat up and cool down.
metal takes less time to heat up and cool down.

it's your choice which evil you wish to pick :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
not to bother you to much but is there a dirt cheap plastic one on the internet, ive looked, best i can come up with is like $130 i think for fender relocation, and man that seems like alot esp most cost more then that.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
mods cost money man.

I would get a JLT if they make it for your car. it's the best around.

4 inch piping.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks man ill see what i can do, itll get done somehow

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
685 Posts
I had a jlt and they are really nice, also the anderson pipe is good if you want a metal cai

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
heres mine i started this weekend, the intake upper is rubber tubing and the bottom is piping, and i just got a new over flow for it :), oh and i just did the 5.0 HO plate on the upper intake.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when u pulled the radiator brackets did it mess with the radiator at all? or did u just tape around the brackets?

you can pull them its fine

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
u should get an electric fan cheap free hp and look better... check craigslist there always people selling stuff like that for dirt cheap..

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
u should get an electric fan cheap free hp and look better... check craigslist there always people selling stuff like that for dirt cheap..

its on my list, haha

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Check ebay for a CAI, I picked one up for my buddy for $30 and it was polished aluminum with silicone couplings, decent filter, not bad at all.

I had a cheap moroso fenderwell kit...probably still have it somewhere and it was plastic. I also have a aluminum one in my basement.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check ebay for a CAI, I picked one up for my buddy for $30 and it was polished aluminum with silicone couplings, decent filter, not bad at all.

I had a cheap moroso fenderwell kit...probably still have it somewhere and it was plastic. I also have a aluminum one in my basement.

looking to sell either one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts